Is there any good links for measuring content at line level?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im looking to do some spectrum analysis of my different pre/pros, different cables, etc.

its seems simple that I should just record the input (creating a wave file) into my Notebook sound card (M-audio mobilepre)

Then analyze that wave file with a spectrum analyzer.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hey Doug. That's the way I do it. You can use ARTA to do the spectrum analysis live, too.

I have another good spectrum software that seems to have been abandoned by its author. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
FFT Properties V3.5
I tried V5 but didn't like it.

If you are suing your M-Audio card as the source, do a simple loop test to see what the inherent distortion is there.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
yes, I also use Right Mark. All this stuff works well. Use different software to see different things.

Doing S.A. on complex signals like real music is tough. Or rather, telling what you've got is tough! You might start out with simpler signals to get a feel for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.