Planet10 what software do you use for your

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Vectorworks. Since 1987.

Cross Platform (but having used it on both platforms, some of the Window UI elements incorporated make it somewhat less fluid).

Really quite powerful. Pretty much all the power of AutoCAD and then some. And priced so that you can buy the software, a quadcore 27" iMac and still have change from the software cost of AutoCAD alone.

In our neck of the woods, Vectorworks on OS X is the software of choice for architects as they are well known to be penny pinchers, and since this costs a lot less (not even factoring in that the Macs have a useful shelf-life some 2x min of Windows PCs), workers are more productive, and tech support is a fraction of PCs and you can see why.

I use photoshop to prep images to drop in (to use or to use as templates), and export to SketchUp using DXF or DWG (althou i am forced by removal of format support to not upgarde past 7.0)

I started out with the standard symbol library, but it slowly morphed into my own.

Export to pdf comes via the built-in Mac OS X print to pdf, with pdf assembly in an ancient copy of Acrobat.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.