Any Suggestions on Free Spectrum Analyzer Software?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Good morning all,

My apologies if this has been covered to death - I can't seem to get a straight answer out of the search tool, but that is likely my fault.

I'm looking for free software that can display real-time audio spectrum data. I'm doing some vibration measurements, and I'd like to look at spectral components. Resolution to 5 Hz or less would be nice, but beggars can't be choosers as they say!

I've heard of HOLM Impulse but haven't tried it as of yet - would that be a reasonable one?

Thanks for your help guys,

Jim

rta_giris.jpg

Another freeware software called SynRTA from Liberty Instruments. Link: SynRTA Home Page

Best regards

Last edited:
Being a fervent Mac person (since 1984, and Apple II before), I hate to say it, but I need help finding a scope/spectrum analyzer cheap or free for Mac OS-X, please?

With earlier OSs, I used MacCRO. What a God-send to eyeball the spectrum and sooo much better than looking at sine waves. My next adventure has to do with filling the room with pink noise and watching the spectrum analyzer accumulate.

Footnote: Mac folks get really pissed when Windows sites act as if their's was the only platform in the world and don't bother saying, "... we're talking here only about Windows software...".

Being a fervent Mac person (since 1984, and Apple II before), I hate to say it, but I need help finding a scope/spectrum analyzer cheap or free for Mac OS-X, please?

With earlier OSs, I used MacCRO. What a God-send to eyeball the spectrum and sooo much better than looking at sine waves. My next adventure has to do with filling the room with pink noise and watching the spectrum analyzer accumulate.

Footnote: Mac folks get really pissed when Windows sites act as if their's was the only platform in the world and don't bother saying, "... we're talking here only about Windows software...".

Ill look in my downloads box :)

Interesting. Nice to see communal bug-fix activity for REW V 5. I'll give it a try. And I'll have a peek at FuzzMeasure. Thanks all.

Alas, the machine in my music room is a dual-G4 (great machine but pre-Intel).

I've been able to use MacCRO even in limping mode. Today, ran sine waves. Checked each of my ESL tweeter panels (8 of them) and other drivers. Sent pure tones in and looked for garbage on the spectrum analyzer display. Crude and the spectrum display included all the garbage from my old audio oscillator, pre-amp, Behringer CX3400 crossover, amps, speakers, the mic, Griffin iMic mic-pre-amp, the software, and all the noise in the house, I never saw more than maybe 2% height of the fundamental peak at any harmonic and even that is max and for pretty loud tones.

Last edited:
You can try " Visual Analizer ", is a spectrum analizer complete with a scope, a waveform generator, a voltmeter and so on, you can find it here: Visual Analyser 2010 NE-XT v2.4
obviusly is completely free and ( I think ) could be useful for your needs.

Dec. 15th, 2014. I just downloaded this program, and it has a virus. Luckily, my antivirus quarantined it before it could do any harm. Do not download this program.:(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.