Help on making MULTIRESOLUTION WAVELET ANALYSIS available ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mission: Directivity plot with time-frequency domain wavelets !! :cool:

Problem: How to present 5D plots ?? :confused: :D

- Elias

Great indeed!
in case you didn't already implement (did not have time to give it a try nor a closer look) - may I suggest to make
1.) the constant Q "time length" variable and set the time axis of the plot by a (adjustable) factor accordingly

This will greatly help to fine tune the analysis to bring up the details of interest, as it worked so well with my PBW analysis - and should be equally beneficial to yours

2) provide a switch that enables plot "file printing" each 1deg to easen animated plot creation

:)
Michael

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes, Q is user selectable, as is the time range.

For the rotating 3D plot generation, I have script (not in this package) that automatically saves the 360 images in 1 deg intervall, and it takes about 5 min to do (depending on PC). Then only have to manually put the gif images to an animator (easy).

- Elias

Great indeed!
in case you didn't already implement (did not have time to give it a try nor a closer look) - may I suggest to make
1.) the constant Q "time length" variable and set the time axis of the plot by a (adjustable) factor accordingly

This will greatly help to fine tune the analysis to bring up the details of interest, as it worked so well with my PBW analysis - and should be equally beneficial to yours

2) provide a switch that enables plot "file printing" each 1deg to easen animated plot creation

Michael

Hi,

Yes, Q is user selectable, as is the time range.

For the rotating 3D plot generation, I have script (not in this package) that automatically saves the 360 images in 1 deg intervall, and it takes about 5 min to do (depending on PC). Then only have to manually put the gif images to an animator (easy).

- Elias

Great !
I used a FOR loop and the octave PRINT command. Depending on resolution selected it took me up to an overnight run to get the 360 plots of a single analysis calculated.

Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.