Best Gerber Viewer/Editor for free?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dont use gerber, it to much of a pain and old fashioned, so I need an ODB++ viewer,
I have a lot of free gerber viewers and an older licenced version of Gerbtool but it dosn't do ODB++ very well!
The only free viewer as far as I know is the one that Valor Sytems had, but when Mentor bought Valor they stopped even that.

I write my programs and test them incrementally for bugs.
This means the number of bugs left in is minute.

The main mistake most software engineers make is testing the software for what it shoud do. I test it for what it shouldnt do like pressing teh wrong buttons or throwing something at the software it might not cope with.
This results in much less bugs left in the software.

However I do have 33 years of software design under my belt so maybe dont get caught out as easy as others. Also my software is put out on my time scale and not a forced timescale by companies under pressure to just get it out ASAP and fix the bugs later.

Great response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.