Schematic to PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are a lot of audio schematics for amps, crossovers etc in pdf form available for download on the internet. Does anyone know if there is a software program that would allow you to import pdf schematics and then convert that schematic to a pcb? I know that there are programs that will convert a schematic that you design with that software and then convert it to a pcb but I have not seen one that will take a pdf that you download from the net, import it and convert it.

And to make matters worse there is no real format for exchange between schematic capture programs, the most common EDIF is not very good. There is some software that will convert between packages but by the time you have manually sorted out the resultant mess, its quicker to copy it manually, and it costs lots.
BUT I would recommend using schematic capture and then transferring to the PCB layout software as then you know your schematic and PCB match, obviously the two packages have to be compatable.
As Gootee said for analogue the interactive (notice I do not use Autorouter) routing options are of no use and for SMPS, Class D outputs, DO NOT USE. With high speed digital, BGA's, DDR ram, etc they are almost a necessity these days, though you tend to spend as long putting in all the parameters such as skew etc, again these are used with SI add ons to get the required results. Yep tedious and mundane, analogue is more fun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.