Notebooks suitable for Bodzio Software? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th February 2010, 05:53 AM   #11
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Shaun:

Thank you for your answer. Your illustration was very interesting. I guess I am wondering most about enclosures that don't fit those ready-made, stock enclosure types in your illustration. How difficult would it be to model an enclosure not included in Soundeasy's stock enclosures?

I have already joined that usergroup under a similar name, but at the time of my posting of this topic I had received one answer, so I thought I would try my luck here. I have tried to read the user's manual, but I find it is easier to follow user's manuals when you have the software already installed.
Old 14th February 2010, 07:42 AM   #12
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelticwizard View Post
How difficult would it be to model an enclosure not included in Soundeasy's stock enclosures?
That is the question. I don't know the answer, but I do recall the manual describing a way to model an enclosure using an equivalence method, schematically represented, IIRC. But now I speak from memory. I think your question must ask specifically how SE implements modelling of arbitrary enclosures.
Old 14th February 2010, 01:38 PM   #13
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Shaun:

Thank you very much for your answer. Let me check the manual more closely for this equivalence method, or if someone out there has used this equivalence method, please let me know. This might be just what I am looking for.

Last edited by kelticwizard; 14th February 2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 5th May 2011, 03:12 PM   #14
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelticwizard View Post
I know little about notebooks other than you can't change sound cards and such on them easily. I am considering purchasing a notebook mainly for loudspeaker measurement. That way if I want to measure response outdoors, it will be much easier.

I have two inexpensive notebooks in mind. I am strongly considering purchasing Bodzio Speakeasy software, mostly for it's ability to give a frequency response for any kind of enclosure you make up. But as long as it has measuring capability as well I want to be able to use it.

In another thread here years ago somebody was using Bodzio software and apparently he had to purchase one of two sound cards they recommended-I don't have the thread handy, but that was the gist.

The Bodzio website says any sound card with full duplex action should suffice-that sounds like quite a different story from the thread years ago. If anyone with experience with Bodzio software could take a quick looksee at the two inexpensive notebooks I have in mind and give advice as to whether these would be suitable with the Bodzio software I would be quite grateful.

Acer - Aspire Laptop with AMD Athlon™ Single-Core Processor - AS5532-5535

or

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Celeron® Processor - Silver - L455-S5975

Finally, if either of these are not suitable, could someone tell me

A) A notebook that might be

B) Is there some way to hook a suitable sound card up to one of these on an outboard basis, (you can really see I know little about notebooks).

I contacted Bodzio with no response so far. I look forward to any useful advice I can get as to the advisability of using Bodzio software on notebooks.
I have used both on board and external sound cards with Bodzio software running from notebooks.
One is an Asus A3500N which I have used with Maudio Transit, Audigy 2ZS notebook, and Echo indigo io. If you want to use the on board sound card, the computer needs to have stereo line in, something which not all notebooks have.
Recently I've been testing Asus A7C using X Fi Xtreme notebook running UltimateEqualizer. This works fine too.
The issue is that try to avoid using Vista, I have found that the Kernel issues too much DPC as tested using LatencyMon. Win7 and Xp are fine.

Hide this!Advertise here!