diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Software Tools (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/)
-   -   LIMP bug? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/151237-limp-bug.html)

crazyhub 6th September 2009 09:59 PM

LIMP bug?
 
Hi!

I presently began to perform some T/S parameters measurements with the added mass method in LIMP. I just found that "Le" value in the exported CVS file is quite different than what I can read in the result window:confused:; did anyone remark the same thing?
Thanks

David_Web 16th September 2009 02:32 PM

Happens to me as well. Not sure why though.

You could check the correct value with the RCL sampling tool as I have found it correct with many components from resistors to caps and inductors. 1k would probably be good as most mfgrs spec at that frequency.

crazyhub 16th September 2009 04:43 PM

Hi David,

Yes it's a bug, in any case confirmed by another french user of LIMP.

BTW, on my W5-876SA Tang-Band woofer I measured 2.06mH with my selfmeter, so approx. near 1Khz.
The T/S calculator in LIMP gave me Le = 4.61mH, same value with or without an added mass.
And I read 2.6mH at 1Khz on the inductive impedance curve with the LIMP RLC tool...

So quite different values...As I read it sometimes, it seems that at least some T/S parameters are difficult to catch!

Cheers,

Hubert


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2