HOLMImpulse: Measuring Frequency- & Impulse-Response
I have developed a freeware program called HOLMImpulse for speaker gain and phase response measurement.
HOLMImpulse is Non-Commercial freeware with full functionality (No limitations or trial periods) running on Windows XP/Vista
Download HOLMImpulse here
The purpose of the application is to:
- Work with any soundcard
- Easy and fast to use
- Measure Frequency-response (gain and Phase)
- Measure Impulse-response
- Dynamically/Automaticly adjust the time window (Gating)
- Use cross-correlation techniques with logsweep, chirp or MLS
- Very good signal/noise ratio (Due to cross-correlation)
- Make bandwitdh limited measurements with no phase-errors
- Measure Harmonic distortion (THD)
- Compare measurements (50 slots, and 3 shown at a time)
- Easy open/save import/export measurements in any format
- Be freeware with full functionality (Up to 192KHz, 24 bit)
- Manipulate measurements (Lowpass, highpass, etc...)
I would like your response
I know that there is no manual, but we are all geeks who rather want features than manuals - right?
- Simply define select your soundcard and click measure
- I would like you to reply in this post and tell me if you have had any success with the program
- And of course post your measurements ;-)
- If you have any difficulties getting this to work, then I'll assist you in this thread
NB I am working for
HOLM Acoustics (A new small Danish Company),
but I have no commercial interest in HOLMImpulse, which is mostly developed in my spare time. The core libraries used in HOLMImpulse are the same as in
HOLMFIR, which is a program used to configure the commercial product DSPre
Very interesting. I like the 192KHz 24 bit
Can a calibrated ECM8000 mic measure THD accurately?
I have been learn to use trueRTA and ARTA. I have used REW for years.
Excellent! I've downloaded it and as soon as we're moved and unpacked, I'm anxious to give it a try. Thanks for providing this to the community.
i know u will post . askbojesen great! i already sent the link to my friends in thailand. thanks a lot my friend.;)
Thanks. I have used it for quite a while and like it. Ill dl the latest version.
It's always nice to meet the author.
That way you know who to bug for features and bugs ;)
So thanks again for all your hard work. It is really appreciated.
It sounds good! I haven't had much luck with taking measurements in the past, but perhaps this will be better for me. Thanks for providing this software!
Not to be too OT, but could I use the panasonic capsule mics, connected to a normal mixer and powered with phantom power, to take measurements? Leaving EQ and high pass off naturally. I have built mics like this in the past for recording, all i'd need to change is the mounting of the capsule (placing it on a wand) :)
We have a calibration file for the wm61a:
But of course any microphone calibration can be used in HOLMImpulse
Import microphone calibration
Three different wm61a capsules
That's excellent! Yes, those are the capsules I used. The Linkwitz mod doesn't make any difference to the frequency response does it, just to the max SPL handled? I have some unmodified and some modified, but heard that during the mod it is possible to break the seal and upset the low frequency response, so I'd sooner trust my unmodified capsules :)
How about a community wiki for the documentation? Let us help contribute to it as well. :)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio