HOLMImpulse: Measuring Frequency & Impulse Response

So,

I receive my new sound card (m-audio fasttrack) and the problem disappear....

on windows 7 I had to use ASIO driver to use it efficiently (I don't understand anything on the way windows 7 work with sound card....). On XP, no need of specific driver

Look like most a build in sound card and cheap USB soundcard have a phase problem between input / output

Thanks for your inputs

So,

I receive my new sound card (m-audio fasttrack) and the problem disappear....

on windows 7 I had to use ASIO driver to use it efficiently (I don't understand anything on the way windows 7 work with sound card....). On XP, no need of specific driver

Look like most a build in sound card and cheap USB soundcard have a phase problem between input / output

Thanks for your inputs

I have the same problem when using ministreamer with minidigi and minidsp. With my Maudio soundcard, there is no such problem. Do you think it is the USB (ministreamer) soundcard issue?
anyone have an idea how to fix it?

V1.4.2.0
The FILE/SAVE MEASUREMENT don't save correctly the Distorsion data's @ low frequencies.

Thanks

Example , the red is a loop-back real-time measurement and the blue is the same measurement but first saved and then loaded.

Attachments

• loopb.jpg
    loopb.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 210
OK, I tried it by opening (append) a file with one sweep in it. I get exactly the same FR, impulse and distortion as the original. They overlay perfectly.

Please try exactly this procedure:
open the app
launch the test
save the test
don't touch anything and don't clear anything
now append the saved test and compare it with the real-time in A and the loaded test in B.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Here is a loopback measurement of my M-Audio card.
Procedure just as you specified. THD as noise
Yes, there is a tiny bit of difference in some spots, like 0.3dB, but nothing major.

When I set the ASIO driver to 24 bit depth and HOLM to save in 24 bit, the results are even closer.

Maybe it's something in your settings? Maybe the .net framework?

Attachments

• Holm-loop.png
    Holm-loop.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 189