HOLMImpulse: Measuring Frequency & Impulse Response

Can't get HI to load mic calibration file

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get HI to load the attached mic calibration file (for my Beyer measurement mic).

I've compared it to a couple of calibration files I found and made some adjustments ... but it still won't load.

I'm running the 64-bit version of HI (v1.4.2.0) on Windows 10 Home (build 2004).

Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Beyer_MM1_2319.txt
    502 bytes · Views: 97
Your file has 4 "non-standard" issues:
1. The comment character in the header lines is a pound sign instead of the standard asterisk.
2. At least one header line is > 80 characters
3. The value separator is a semi-colon instead of space or tab
4. The line separator is just a carriage return instead of carriage return and line feed.

HolmImpulse can be configured to work around items 1 and 3, but items 2 and 4 will cause it to hang up. Here's how I would fix it using Notepad:

A. Delete all header lines.
B. Use the Replace, Replace All option to replace all semi-colons with a space
C. Select all text followed by Copy
D. Exit Notepad (no need to save)
E. Start a new instance of Notepad and do a paste. Save and use this file.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Both my desktop and laptop are 4.someting. It is just my media server ( just a touch screen PC)

As Windows says .net is part of the OS, don't try to screw it up. Now I only have the runtime installed. Does it need the developer pack?

Weird other problems. Can't get the mic in to work ( Scarlett) First Windows said "configuring" but later said no driver, so I installed the driver. Windows config says it is selected and working correctly, but zero input. All the config screens look the same between systems. TRUE RTA not working either in or out, yet media player and ARTA output fine. Again, all work fine on my other systems.

Missing the question. HOLM will not install because it is asking for .net 2.0. Current Windows systems have 4.x as part of the OS. Yet on my desktop and laptop, they also have 4.x and HOLM installed and ran fine.

Microsoft has 6 choices for .net. I believe it is only the runtime that is part of the OS. Does HOLM need the developer install maybe?

As I said, I got all the hardware to work. It was the security setting that had the mic turned off. I can use ARTA and TrueRTA just fine.

I have searched as best I could, but I cannot find any basic information on how to stitch in Holmsimpulse. For starters, I am not sure of the meaning of the arrow between A and B.

It would also help if I could get some guidance on how to match the amplitudes of the two responses. For instance, a nearfield responses for a woofer will have different decibel levels from a far field response for the mid and tweeter.

Thank you!!
Michael