HOLMImpulse: Measuring Frequency- & Impulse-Response - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2009, 12:13 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Just checked the download page, what a shame i am still using W2000 Pro; due to now wanting to make Mr gates any richer than I have too, not to mention multiple license issues not transferring to the upgrade
Old 1st June 2009, 12:19 AM   #22
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by askbojesen
(Sent me a direct message if of any interest)

The site says that you don't accept E-mails. You can Email me at egeddes@gedlee.com

Thanks
Old 1st June 2009, 12:56 AM   #23
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

On what assembly have you measured the Panasonic capsules? Were they inset on the end of some tube? They normally gain 4dB up to 20kHz if there is a lip around their edge due to diffraction.
Old 1st June 2009, 01:12 AM   #24
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Your soundcard is out of phase with itself. Check of the "Invert recorded signal" under device settings. At the impulse response it is very clear that the impulse is going down instead of up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.EM
Ah yes, that's much better! Thought the phase was a bit odd
Is there a way to compensate for interchannel latency? I could not find it in the various screen captures on the web site. This would be much needed if people are going to be using lower cost sound cards.
Old 1st June 2009, 08:57 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default Windows 2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Moondog55
Just checked the download page, what a shame i am still using W2000 Pro; due to now wanting to make Mr gates any richer than I have too, not to mention multiple license issues not transferring to the upgrade
Hi, I just changed the text to: Windows (2000, XP & Vista)
There is no reason that it should not work on w2000, I did not know anybody was using that in 2009
Old 1st June 2009, 09:00 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default Latency - No problem

Quote:
Originally posted by soongsc
Is there a way to compensate for interchannel latency? I could not find it in the various screen captures on the web site. This would be much needed if people are going to be using lower cost sound cards.
Latency is no problem - I filter away the latency - I can deal with an arbitrary large latency, lets say up to e.g. 1000 ms. HOLMImpulse auto detects the received impulse-peak.
Old 1st June 2009, 09:15 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default WM61A capsules

Quote:
Originally posted by Salas
On what assembly have you measured the Panasonic capsules? Were they inset on the end of some tube? They normally gain 4dB up to 20kHz if there is a lip around their edge due to diffraction.
Attached picture shows the mounting in an alu-tube (Stuffed with damping materiel)

as I seen in

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...07#post1841507

I also get 4-5dB gain at 20kHz (The base level at the graphs is at -4dB) , but it drops again at 20kHz and upwards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0122.jpg (83.1 KB, 1622 views)
Old 1st June 2009, 09:21 AM   #28
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Latency - No problem

Quote:

Latency is no problem - I filter away the latency - I can deal with an arbitrary large latency, lets say up to e.g. 1000 ms. HOLMImpulse auto detects the received impulse-peak.
I think the best way would be to just run a test to find out whether it's a problem or not. I have the right card to test this.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:20 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi, I just changed the text to: Windows (2000, XP & Vista) There is no reason that it should not work on w2000, I did not know anybody was using that in 2009

Thank you,

Blame poverty; spending all of my money on drivers not operating systems, and it actually has no disadvantage except I can't play any of the new games, which saves me more money
Old 1st June 2009, 05:01 PM   #30
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Default Re: WM61A capsules

Quote:

Attached picture shows the mounting in an alu-tube (Stuffed with damping materiel)

as I seen in

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...07#post1841507

I also get 4-5dB gain at 20kHz (The base level at the graphs is at -4dB) , but it drops again at 20kHz and upwards
Totally normal. I just wanted to compare some ballpark data for 20k to 40k, and your construction follows one or two of my mics.
If the capsule is made to protrude, the diffraction is roughly half, so its the rise, maybe better for high frequency impulse measurement. But if it drops on the floor, its history. See pic. On the left protruding, on the right inset.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nosy.jpg (88.0 KB, 1618 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!