LTSpice Simulation template?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a template electric diagram that allows me to simulate the results of various transformers. I am new to the SPICE simulation software in general but am trying to be able to "test" some transformers. I already have the transformer symbol with all the appropriate settings and files for addition of other transformers but have no circuit to test it on.

Could one of you be kind enough to a youngster that is trying to learn some?

I would greatly appreciate it.

peace&love

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
My suggestion is that you start with a simple power supply simulation.

Build a schematic first:
1) voltage source, sine, 0V DC offset, 120V amplitude, 60Hz
2) three inductors, L1 will be transformer primary, L2, and L3, secondary windings. Include a spice statement
k0 L1 L2 L3 0.9992
which basically connects the three inductors. To do that, click on the menu button ".op" (upper right hand side)
3) connect L1 with the voltage source, making sure one of the ends is grounded; connect L2 and L3 in series. The middle point is the center tap. See attachment for the actual values. The transformer will step up from 120V to about 300V.
4) ground the center tap of the secondary of your transfomer
5) connect two diodes at the two outer ends of L2 and L3, anode (triangle) towards the transformer, and the cathode (vertical line) together

For details, see the attached file. Load it in ltspice, and run it. Play with it, change values, etc.

Attachments

• psu-example-1.zip
    842 bytes · Views: 141
ikoflexer said:
1) voltage source, sine, 0V DC offset, 120V amplitude, 60Hz

LTspice treats sine waves as peak values so in order to get 120Vrms you need to enter in 168V as the AC voltage.

dave

Attachments

• picture 7.png
    picture 7.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 267
i just realized how little I know....
This is what I need to accomplish, and I have no clue how, not even how to start:

I need to make a circuit in which I can test a transformer, but be able to change it and test another with little work (as in not rebuilding another circuit)..
i need to accomplish this for an output transformer and a power transformer.

maybe a better example would be: if you were to ask a transformer manufacturer for a spice model for their transformer what would you ask for? So now if I put myself in the manufacturer's shoes how do I come up with such a model...not sure how to ask other than this..

i need this for a project I am working on and I have no clue how to come up with it...

P.S: i have loaded these files into ltspice: http://www.intactaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=527&sid=fa07ca83d1e6f1c4fb67ecbb8c966883
and I am guessing this would be great since it has a drop down menu to use...but how do I use it in the most simple way...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.