Spice simulation - Page 54 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2008, 12:29 PM   #531
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Filters

Quote:
Originally posted by syn08
............ One problem I am experiencing is that according to all govenment charts I do not qualify as a poor man.
[snip]
Quote:
Micro-Cap = $$$

Is that a problem?

Cheers.
Old 1st March 2008, 12:54 PM   #532
diyAudio Member

Default Re: EKV model update

Quote:
Originally posted by andy_c
Hi all,

[snip]
The developers really know their device physics, but they appear to be completely clueless in the area of software configuration management and software development in general. Their approach of providing only obsolete information on their web site is completely counterproductive to getting more popular acceptance of their model. Screw them.

Anyway, I have models of four devices that I'm going to post here. The parameters were adjusted by trial and error to give results that matched the simulator values pretty well. Each device has an Excel file associated with it. The size of this file makes it so I can only do one per post.
[snip]
Hi Andy,

First, thank you for the good work on the models.

Second, for more info about the EKV implementation, you might contact Bill Steele from Micro-Cap. (the guy who also helped us to implement your "tanh expression" for Cgd, you know). Normally, he is very responsive, even to those who didn't pay for MC.

Cheers, Edmond.

PS: Here's his email address: support@spectrum-soft.com
Old 1st March 2008, 01:07 PM   #533
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Simulators

Quote:
Originally posted by andy_c

........The idea came up of having a sticky thread devoted to SPICE tips and tricks, SPICE model development, requests for models and general SPICE help. This idea was brought up to one of the moderators, who agreed to make a sticky thread.

......... One (or maybe more) of the moderators removed some SPICE-specific posts from several different threads that were going on at the time, and combined them to form the beginning of this thread.

.........John's post ended up appearing first, so it looks like he started the thread, rather than what really happened.

.........One unfortunate side effect of this is that the first post sets the tone of the thread, making it look like it was intended as a debate about SPICE. But that was not the reason for this thread's existence at all. ...........

(Italics by me)
Old 1st March 2008, 02:27 PM   #534
andy_c is offline andy_c  United States
Banned

Default Re: Re: EKV model update

Quote:
Originally posted by Edmond Stuart
Second, for more info about the EKV implementation, you might contact Bill Steele from Micro-Cap. (the guy who also helped us to implement your "tanh expression" for Cgd, you know). Normally, he is very responsive, even to those who didn't pay for MC.
Thanks Edmond. I've discussed this with Mike Engelhardt (the LTspice developer) also. According to him, he had to sign an NDA agreement to incorporate EKV into LTspice. So he wasn't able to provide any details because of that. Looks like EKV is not truly open-source software as BSIM is. I wish I had known that when I started.
Old 1st March 2008, 06:53 PM   #535
diyAudio Member

PMA,
people that do ONLY simulations are as important as those doing both real world measurements and soldering abd simulations.

Without them, I do not think that there would be a SPICE.

Sigurd

Quote:
Originally posted by PMA

Imagine that many guys here do ONLY simulate.
Old 1st March 2008, 10:48 PM   #536
diyAudio Member

As I have already said, in trying to get reasonable models starting from, e.g., OnSemi datasheets, I found quite impossible to get consistent SGP models parametes from the various informations therein.
E.g. I found that the IS, NF values one can get from VBE(on) versus IC (for IC<1), are not appropriate when trying to get the other parameters (BF, IKF, ISE, NE) from hFE versus IC.
Now ! the doubt ... are the OnSemi datasheets reliable ?
I looked at the MOSPEC datasheets (http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/mospec/2SA1302.pdf ) for the 2SA1302 that should be the same as the OnSemi MJL1302A: they provide different information.
Am I wrong ?
Thanks
Old 2nd March 2008, 02:26 AM   #537
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Default Re: Re: Re: Filters

Quote:
Originally posted by Edmond Stuart

Is that a problem?
As long as many specialized filter design software are free, I can barely see a good reason why someone looking to design filters should pay for Micro-cap.
Old 2nd March 2008, 08:50 AM   #538
PMA is offline PMA  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigurd Ruschkow
PMA,
people that do ONLY simulations are as important as those doing both real world measurements and soldering abd simulations.

Without them, I do not think that there would be a SPICE.

Sigurd

My concern was about overemphasizing results of simulation. I can see it often here in personal circuit wars
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:04 AM   #539
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Filters

Quote:
As long as many specialized filter design software are free, I can barely see a good reason why someone looking to design filters should pay for Micro-cap.
As long as you are playing with that buggy piece of bloatware from Orcad-Candence (list price $9,995.00), which apparently even lacks the tools for designing filters, I can barely see a good reason why you are whining about the price (starting from $0.00) of Micro-Cap.
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:35 AM   #540
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Linear Purpose Send a message via MSN to Linear Purpose Send a message via Yahoo to Linear Purpose
Hello guys,

I'm looking for goods models for:
- MJL1302A/MJL3281A
- MJL4281A/MJL4302A

Any body can help ?

Regards.

Hide this!Advertise here!