Spice simulation - Page 109 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Software Tools

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2012, 04:46 AM   #1081
diyAudio Member

a wine install takes a few minutes with packaged binaries or distro specific packages. it takes anywhere from 15min to an hour building from source code (installing wine itself). or LTSpice can be run on a VM with virtualbox running windows. i had some minor troubles with LTSpice running under wine a few years ago, but it was an error i made, but i found out in the process that LTSpice is built and tested to run under wine.

Last edited by unclejed613; 18th February 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 18th February 2012, 07:07 PM   #1082
diyAudio Member

I'm running LTSpice under WINE. It is actually faster on WINE, for the number crunching at least. Simulation is faster, interface is slower. Strangely, I also found my old AMD computer ran LTSpice faster than my new Core 2 Duo (relatively new anyways...).

kees52,
You may try compatibility mode if Windows 7 is giving you trouble.
Old 19th February 2012, 01:39 PM   #1083
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantoken View Post
kees52,
You may try compatibility mode if Windows 7 is giving you trouble.
I have try that, than it hangs when I try to simulate, the whole computer has to be reset, I use 64 bit windows 7 maybe that is the reason.

regards and thanks.

have a nice weekend
Old 20th February 2012, 10:29 PM   #1084
diyAudio Member

Default PSPICE Calc V1.2 Triode Calculator

I thought I would share a free download program I wrote several years ago. It is a program that helps you optimize your triode models. There are no instructions with the download, but I will be glad to help with proper use of the program. There are screen-shots on the download page.

K4BPM PSPICE Home Page

Jim
Old 21st February 2012, 11:49 AM   #1085
diyAudio Member

That looks nice. You may put the link in your signature and talk about it a few times in other threads just so it gets recognized by the community. Sounds like a tool I would like to have for BJTs and other transistors!
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:06 AM   #1086
klewis is offline klewis  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm looking for a bit of help with a Pspice .lib file from TI. It's an encrypted file and I get an error message of "Too few nodes:" then a long list of letters and numbers that is the first line after the ".subckt" text in the file. I think I built the asy correctly, numbering the nodes in the same order as shown in the ".subckt" line. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I've attached the .lib file with .txt appended.

Thanks

Ken
Attached Files
File Type: txt TPS7A3001.LIB.txt (4.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 22nd February 2012, 01:37 PM   #1087
diyAudio Member

are you trying to use this with LTSpice? i don't think it will work. this may be a model for a particular version of Pspice that can make use of the $ENCRYPTED_LIB tag
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:27 PM   #1088
klewis is offline klewis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejed613 View Post
are you trying to use this with LTSpice? i don't think it will work. this may be a model for a particular version of Pspice that can make use of the $ENCRYPTED_LIB tag
Yes, LTSpice. Darn.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:25 PM   #1089
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Rookie problem. Just getting the hang of LTSpice, after getting started in Simetrix.
I was able to put Bob's libs in successively by direct copy into the files, not a .include, but have not been able to figure out how to add the Exicon subcircuit models.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:15 PM   #1090
diyAudio Member

Here is the quickest way:

Add the subcircuit models as a simulator directive on the schematic. Then ctrl+right-click on the MOSFET symbol and edit the Prefix attribute to be capital X. Then write in the subcircuit name to be the Value attribute.

If you want to take the subcircuit text off the schematic, you can do two things:

1: right-click on the subcircuit text and select "invisible" from the menu. The text will reappear when the schematic is opened next.

2: copy the subcircuit into a .txt file and put it in the same directory as the schematic file. Use either a .inc or .lib directive on the schematic to import the .txt file. Now you can delete the subcircuit from the schematic as it will be redundant.

Hope this helps.

Hide this!Advertise here!