TSSA V1.6 docs and buyers list - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > SITO Audio

SITO Audio Dedicated to high Q Current and Voltage FeedBack amps kits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th September 2012, 09:13 PM   #41
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi Mike.

I have used the Panasonic FC for the last 7 years. They don't let me down regarding sound quality or life cycle.....

But i would advice to stick to LOW ESR and very important LOW ZL. It is important like ppm and tolerance of resistors.

Series inductance is now shown that often. But if you have to types with equally low ESR then look at the ripple current at 100KHz. high ripple current is better... Then you know that the construction is more rugged and stable..
Old 4th September 2012, 10:55 PM   #42
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnya View Post
Output impedance with ECX10P20 and ECX10N20 is 0.55Ohm. => Damping factor at 8Ohm is 14,5

with ECW20N20-Z and ECW20P20-Z , ALF16N16W and ALF16P16W and ALF16N20W and ALF16P20W: Damping factor is 24.
From my understanding of this circuit it would be possible to achieve some more OLG by increasing R7 & R8 to a higher value, e.g. 2k2, and then injecting more current from the mirrors.

This would increase damping factor but reduce stability but could probably be made to work very well for anyone who would like a bit more grip on the loudspeakers. Increasing the FB & gain resistors to 2k2 & 100 would probably restore stability to original levels.

I have not tried this except in spice in a similar circuit - so it is only a theory at present

Sonny, please correct me if this theory is incorrect.

Last edited by mikelm; 4th September 2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: corrected mistake
Old 7th September 2012, 10:01 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm View Post
From my understanding of this circuit it would be possible to achieve some more OLG by increasing R7 & R8 to a higher value, e.g. 2k2, and then injecting more current from the mirrors.

This would increase damping factor but reduce stability but could probably be made to work very well for anyone who would like a bit more grip on the loudspeakers. Increasing the FB & gain resistors to 2k2 & 100 would probably restore stability to original levels.

I have not tried this except in spice in a similar circuit - so it is only a theory at present

Sonny, please correct me if this theory is incorrect.
No Mike. IT is correct. But the stability will be harder to control. But by adding more closed loop gain you reduce the effect on R7 and R8 again.
Old 13th September 2012, 01:05 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Was there any one else besides Boris that need KSC3503ESTU and KSA1381ESTU to the purchased boards???
Old 19th September 2012, 10:54 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnya View Post
For all here in this thread.. I have made an error in the guide. Trimmer R22 should be turned CCW first before powering up.

After powerup bias is set by turning CW.
Hi Sonny, I noticed you did not change the master instructions yet for this point - would be very easy to miss this post and turn it on biased to 20A or similar !

So - I'm turning R22 counter clockwise - right ? and are we assuming the trimmers are originally set to midway point.

In other words - Do I just turn it fully counter clockwise before turn on ?
Old 19th September 2012, 11:28 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm View Post
Hi Sonny, I noticed you did not change the master instructions yet for this point - would be very easy to miss this post and turn it on biased to 20A or similar !

So - I'm turning R22 counter clockwise - right ? and are we assuming the trimmers are originally set to midway point.

In other words - Do I just turn it fully counter clockwise before turn on ?
First of all, i have just uploaded a new manual where i have corrected it.

You are right turn the trimmer fully counter clockwise (CCW) before powering up.
Old 19th September 2012, 12:23 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

OK - powered up and playing music. 24.5V @ 1A. So far so good . . . . but running in at present.

Thx for your help with this Sonny

I'll post a full report after a few days
Old 19th September 2012, 12:51 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Come on. First impression!?
Old 19th September 2012, 01:13 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

My own amp ( DC linked fetzilla ) is fully run in and has good quality resistors in every position - the only trimmer is in the servo the o/p of that is filtered.

My implementation of TSSA 1.6 has Caddocks in FB & R32, R33 positions only and is not yet run in ( and I have to say that generally I really don't like the sound of a "new" amp ).

But despite this, I can hear that TSSA is doing some things very well. It has a very nice simplicity to the sound, an open natural quality that is pleasant to listen to. Voices sound very natural.

In some ways it sounds more open that my amp and in others it sounds more closed but now I have to allow everything to settle in before I really understand the full story of this design . . . . but I think my appetite for 2 stage amps has been whetted

p.s. using my simple choke supplies as shown elsewhere. No hum and almost hiss

Last edited by mikelm; 19th September 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 19th September 2012, 01:23 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Hide this!Advertise here!