TSSA V1.6 docs and buyers list - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > SITO Audio

SITO Audio Dedicated to high Q Current and Voltage FeedBack amps kits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2013, 07:00 PM   #201
diyAudio Member

Couldnt agree more about the resolution comment. I think I have some Mundorf Zn in .22uF that I will try. What do you think.
Old 11th May 2013, 07:08 PM   #202
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Try without any bypass first as I say. This is a 2.5MHZ amp as I witnessed on George's scope. Small resonances as caps parallel can be more evident than in your fastest amp till now. To get a completely resonance free parallel system it takes 3 consecutive SMD caps damped with SMD resistors as cells with miniscule vias inductance tuned for specific electrolytic part number and fixed with lab gear by an expert.
Old 11th May 2013, 07:11 PM   #203
diyAudio Member

Gotcha.
Old 12th May 2013, 05:33 AM   #204
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Try without any bypass first as I say. This is a 2.5MHZ amp as I witnessed on George's scope. Small resonances as caps parallel can be more evident than in your fastest amp till now. To get a completely resonance free parallel system it takes 3 consecutive SMD caps damped with SMD resistors as cells with miniscule vias inductance tuned for specific electrolytic part number and fixed with lab gear by an expert.
Hi Salas,

Having some trouble visualising ur words . . . . any chance of a hand drawn diagram to clarify ?
Old 12th May 2013, 09:06 AM   #205
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Capacitors in parallel - real life measurements
Old 12th May 2013, 09:43 AM   #206
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
Excellent research Salas - Well Done !

I have adopted a similar scheme in my supplies but using those nice small epcos open frame 4.7uF caps paralleled and bigger resistors.

My values were only tested in spice not in real life but subjectively seem to work very well. Based on your research presented here I think I could refine my approach.

I think using paralleled bigger 4.7uF caps brings some good benefits to supplies. With a total of 14.1uF I think the film caps begin to substantially smooth out the characteristic "sound" of the electrolytics and also the bigger caps need smaller resistors to achieve a smooth response.

Last edited by mikelm; 12th May 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:49 AM   #207
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Its not my research its just a link I found for you by googling for electrolytics bypassing, snubbing, and resonances.
Old 12th May 2013, 12:27 PM   #208
Siberia is offline Siberia  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Although, it's my birthday, I can't say it's my lucky day. I can't power it up. I have an intuition it might be ground referencing that trips the soft start and is not delivering power.

I have a light bulb tester wired in series, soft start from Sonny, 2x300 VA transformers, double mono PSUs.

When not connecting PSU to the modules, everything works smooth. Correct Vout voltages on PSUs, etc. Problems start when I try to power up the amp modules. The light bulb flashes bright, soft start is not turning off right after turning up. same with separate channels.

I've made some pictures for the guys who used same arrangements, maybe they can spot something:

Full picture, sorry the light bulb not visible.

Heatsink mounted channel.

PSU Vout

Transformers secondaries connected to PSU.

Chassis and primaries connection hub.

Top pins connects yellow/green "0" wire from L&R transformers>Chassis>Mains Earth

Second pins from top connect one leg of primaries from L&R tranformers> to Soft start AC out

Third pins does the same with another leg of primaries.

I'm going to take a walk outside, just to releave the head on a beautiful day. Sonny could help the best, but he's a very busy man. Any suggestions welcomed in the meantime.
Old 12th May 2013, 12:48 PM   #209
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to smartx21 Send a message via Skype™ to smartx21
1) Voltages?... voltages?...
2) Start with a minimum parts setup (e.g. remove softstart).
Old 12th May 2013, 01:33 PM   #210
diyAudio Member

IF you used the large, black, fet isolateres he gave you in the kit, the fets are shorted to the sinks. Easy to check with a DMM, checking continuity between sink and center pin of fet. I cooked my first set of Rs, thinking these were isolaters. Replaced them and all is fine.

Hide this!Advertise here!