• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSSA V1.6 docs and buyers list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Sorry for being doubting Tomas, but I'm afraid to burn it. Moreover my speakers.

Everything is set and ready for listening. Just powered up to monitor bias for the last time and it showed just a bit more than 50 mV from the start decreasing gradualy. I didn't wait for it to climb down. Switched off. Last time I left it at 30mV after 10 min on. Is it normal, doctor?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Just measured the other channel. It's the same. Starts at 54 mV decreasing to 48 mV after half a minute. Didnt wait longer.

The only difference now from the last power up is that the amp is assembled into the box more. Got a front cover, the bottom is mounted to the heatsinks. The rca sockets are hooked up too. But I don't think that could influence the bias.

Yes it is normal that the bias current peaks shortly after power up.

There is two bias generator. They are not tracking 100% thermally and that is the reason for the peak.

It will not burn or destroy any thing. But after 10 min as you says, it is stabilized.

It is something i am working on in revision 1.7. An i will make upgrades kits, but sound wise it has no effect.

It is a trade off to get rid of cross over distortion when clipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.