TSSA V1.6 docs and buyers list - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > SITO Audio

SITO Audio Dedicated to high Q Current and Voltage FeedBack amps kits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2012, 04:09 PM   #111
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jayaraj View Post
Hence, I would say from my experience that the following sequence in the power supply regime might help: Transformer-Rectifier-CRC Filter (optional)-Voltage Regulation-Big Capacitor Bank (on its own board or chassis mounted)-Moderately twisted Power Supply cables (as advocated by D.Self) to Amp Board-Film Caps of upto 200uF on Amp Board close to output stage.
I would say: rectifier and filters -> Big Capacitor Bank -> Ultra fast Voltage Regulation-> Big chemical caps or film ? -> Moderately twisted Power Supply huge cables (mono conductor is best) -> Board-Film Caps of up to 200uF on Amp Board close to output stage.

About basses, there is no reason, as long as we don't see on the supply rails any slow voltage changes to believe that big caps would be better there.
If we feel any improvement like "more tight basses" with big caps, we can suppose a lack of treble, or fast transients.
Old 27th September 2012, 07:19 PM   #112
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
From a theoretic viewpoint in spice this is the regulator with the best performance with regards to o/p Z, speed & stability but I will use sockets etc on the prototype so I can test an all BJT version as well.

I think with this HF performance this offers I can make do with much smaller chokes upstream perhaps 10 - 50uH will surfice - or maybe I will not need any at all !

Any final comments from the experts ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regulator 1.jpg (118.6 KB, 160 views)
Old 27th September 2012, 07:26 PM   #113
diyAudio Member

Here is the typical performance - regulation can be increased or decreased from that shown. Real world type components don't give such pretty graphs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regulator 1.jpg (112.9 KB, 160 views)
Old 27th September 2012, 08:05 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm View Post
I think with this HF performance this offers I can make do with much smaller chokes upstream perhaps 10 - 50uH will surfice - or maybe I will not need any at all !
That kind of stuff ? http://www.connexelectronic.com/documents/CW2A.jpg
Old 27th September 2012, 08:35 PM   #115
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I am not able to participate before monday. But it Nice to see that you all take the AMP as basis and improves its performance by design a voltage regulator.

Hats off to Mike, Salas and Cristophe .. I am impressed!

Salas: have you build it?
Old 27th September 2012, 08:51 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

It makes me very happy.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:06 PM   #117
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnya View Post

Salas: have you build it?
As I wrote to Mike I am several projects behind.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:08 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperado View Post
Ahhh - yes that kind of stuff but not quite exactly . . .

I prefer my chokes after the bridge then I can clean up the mains & diode switching noise all in one stage.

Also chokes excel in a low voltage high current environment - a small value has a bigger effect.

Last amp 18kg - perhaps next one only 9kg

mike
Old 29th September 2012, 10:09 PM   #119
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Sonny, why R11,12,13,14 feedback network resistors are 0.5W designated in the BOM? How much RMS power your sim gives on them in full output swing? Having some 0.25W 1K good quality resistors I wanna know if I must get new double sized or not. Thanks.

P.S. I see in BOM C1,12,13 as 10nF/100V FKP2 (part decal). But they should be 47pF don't they? At least for C12,13 which are the Miller caps. Give me value confirmation, and I will get them in Silver Mica. R30,R31 0.05 Ohm 3W are scarce, will 0.1 Ohm 3W instead be a problem?
Old 30th September 2012, 11:26 AM   #120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Sonny, why R11,12,13,14 feedback network resistors are 0.5W designated in the BOM? How much RMS power your sim gives on them in full output swing? Having some 0.25W 1K good quality resistors I wanna know if I must get new double sized or not. Thanks.

P.S. I see in BOM C1,12,13 as 10nF/100V FKP2 (part decal). But they should be 47pF don't they? At least for C12,13 which are the Miller caps. Give me value confirmation, and I will get them in Silver Mica. R30,R31 0.05 Ohm 3W are scarce, will 0.1 Ohm 3W instead be a problem?
Sorry for my late response.

I have used 1/4watt resistors and with music signal it is not a problem. If you are going to run the amp with an sinewave over longer time you have to choose 1/2watt resistors. The reason is that good quality resistors can widstand higher pulse power for a short time.

The Part decal 10nF/100V FKP2 means that the layout for the wima caps are the same as for 10nF, but it is 47pF you should use.

R30 and R31 0.1R 3W together with ALF16 is just fine.

Hide this!Advertise here!