Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2004, 01:41 PM   #21
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

Quote:
Originally posted by zeno
My donation has been done. Is there any place in cyberspace to see the figures rise and rise....?
It's in the pipeline as are the custom titles. Watch this space.
Old 31st August 2004, 02:54 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default reduce traffic, generate revenue

I'm just getting ready to figure out how to donate via Paypal.

What occurred to me:
- diyaudio is visually very elaborate, the madisound forum is much simpler but also less convenient (you can only view one post at a time) => why not keep the thread structure but change everything to text-based?

- There are some threads which are true gems that I keep going back to (and generating traffic in doing this). Printing out is tedious because you need to print out all the images and attachments separately. Caching a whole thread also does not seem to work.
=> why not offer the whole forum on DVD (or one forum per DVD if too big) for sale, this would generate revenue and cut down on bandwidth
Old 31st August 2004, 03:04 PM   #23
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

Default Re: reduce traffic, generate revenue

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
I'm just getting ready to figure out how to donate via Paypal.

What occurred to me:
- diyaudio is visually very elaborate, the madisound forum is much simpler but also less convenient (you can only view one post at a time) => why not keep the thread structure but change everything to text-based?

- There are some threads which are true gems that I keep going back to (and generating traffic in doing this). Printing out is tedious because you need to print out all the images and attachments separately. Caching a whole thread also does not seem to work.
=> why not offer the whole forum on DVD (or one forum per DVD if too big) for sale, this would generate revenue and cut down on bandwidth
We may eventually get to this, but it will be a truly enormous coding task.
Old 31st August 2004, 03:07 PM   #24
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
why not offer the whole forum on DVD
Interesting, but I think there will be very little demand for it. You's be stuck with version this...year that...

(But I could be wrong)

Cheers,
Bas
Old 1st September 2004, 07:57 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Well, I would gladly pay say $20 for an update every half year or so. It's about the same amout I pay for each of the two diy loudspeaker subscriptions I have, and at least the same information value...
Old 5th September 2004, 06:39 PM   #26
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

We've almost raised enough to keep us going for the time being. We're only going to be pushing the begathon for 1 or 2 weeks longer. Thank you to all that have contributed. Next thing will be to finish the logo competition and get some merchandise going so that we have a more steady income for the future.
Old 14th September 2004, 06:31 AM   #27
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

We are now only about $70 short of our target. I will officially wrap up the 2004 begathon at the end of the week.
Old 17th September 2004, 04:23 PM   #28
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

To All:

We're ending the 2004 Begathon today, though anyone is free (and encouraged!) to donate any time they wish. Thanks to the generosity of our members and to industry participants, we have hit our goal and can keep the doors open and lights on. And, of course, my personal thanks to the hard-working volunteer moderators and advisors, who are unbelievably generous with their time and energy.

AudioFreak and I will be contacting donors shortly to arrange getting custom titles implemented as our thanks to you.

Again, you folks have really come through when we needed it, and we really, really appreciate it. We'll do everything we can over the coming year to maintain the high quality of this forum and (hopefully) start breaking some new ground.

SY/diyAudio.com Moderator
Old 18th October 2004, 01:07 PM   #29
uli is offline uli  Austria
diyAudio Member

any news??

Uli

'Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny' F.Zappa
Old 18th October 2004, 01:14 PM   #30
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Yes, AudioFreak has put together a donor list. We're setting it up so that users can specify their new titles and the admins can start the drudge work of changing all the titles. I hope that we'll be able to get started this week.

Hide this!Advertise here!