Some changes at diyAudio.com - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2004, 05:42 AM   #1
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Default Some changes at diyAudio.com

A couple of years and 5000 posts ago, I stumbled on to this site via a link from another BB I was reading. I was immediately struck by the breadth of topics and the presence of so many knowledgeable people. It was just the thing I needed after so many years of neglecting my love of audio design and construction, and furthered my resolve to plunge back in. As with any any other series of interactions with a set of smart and opinionated humans, problems came up for me from time to time. And for that, there were these incredibly helpful guys called "moderators" who could help me fix my messes. One in particular who really impressed me was planet 10, aka Dave, who (I later found out) had recently been put in charge of moderation and related forum tasks.

Since that time, diyAudio.com has grown tenfold. There are now 20,000 registered members, ten times the number at the time Dave took charge. There are many, many more unregistered people who read the forum. Dave has taken the forum through some major growing pains with skill, humor, and real integrity. And like the other moderators, he's done this for no pay other than the personal satisfaction of guiding this forum to become the best site on the internet for people who know the sweet smell of burning solder and the flash-pop of an output transistor announcing its magical transmutation from silicon to carbon.

Dave's goal of getting a critical mass of dedicated hobbyists gathered here has been completed spectacularly. At this point, the major challenge for the forum is the ability to be financially self-sufficient and to be able to fund continued growth, more features, and even more content. For that, we're going to be relying on you, the members that form the diyAudio community. You'll be seeing some things change around here, all with the same goal of maintaining a positive environment for discussion of audio and video construction, and all directed toward better serving the needs and expectations of diyAudio.com's members.

So, with the toughest job behind him, Dave has decided to take a bit of a break. He will continue participating as a member and as a moderator (what would the TL guys do without him, eh?), but has handed over the direction of moderation and forum development. I'd like to publicly thank him for the terrific work he's done, the tone that he's set, and his incalculable contribution to making diyAudio.com the great place that it is today.

SY

Hide this!Advertise here!