diyAudio Logo Competition Draft Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: competition still on?

post them to the forum.... that email is only for voting

ok.

find attached my personal fave out of a series of similar ideas.
the originals were developed vector-based (freehand/illustrator), so they're fully scalable without any loss of quality.

please excuse me for maybe not fulfilling the precise "how-to-send-in-logo-proposals - faq", i couldn't find them here right now.

i personally prefer 'vivid' colours as i.e. red - but any other colour combination (than shown) would be possible for sure - eventually to match better the actual colours of the site.

the logo is also readable in tiny sizes, consists of 2 colours (easier & cheaper to reproduce + print than full color designs), doesn't need any rasterizing and might also work as 1 colour variant (fax - or simple printing).

although being very late, i hope you like it.

cheers,

/frizz

Attachments

• diyaudio_frizz_fave1_red.gif
    diyaudio_frizz_fave1_red.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 278
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
http://members.shaw.ca/planet10/diyAudio-logos/gallery1stcull.html

I ended up with more survivors than i would have liked, but one of the ultimate judges wanted to keep quite a few (with something less than 20 actual ballots placed, i leaned on the opinions of the 3 judges who will make the final decision)

There is actually no winner in the lot, this batch will hopefully inspire someone to greater heights to produce an entry that does -- the current logo placed quite high in the voting.

To that end the logos are organized in broad categories... i encotage you all to take those ideas and pump them up, refine them.....

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Some notes:

1/the tag line is "Projects by Fanatics, for Fanatics". Being shorter without the "thes" this makes it easier to fit it in and have it readable... there are a few surviving entries where this line is not readable and it needs to be.

2/ General color scheme needs to be able to compliment and fit in with the basic blue color scheme of the threads. These colors were the result of much work & are not going to change...

3/ KISS

dave

Design apathy

planet10 said:
with something less than 20 actual ballots placed

Less than 20 ballots!? How many members are there on these forums?? :bigeyes:

the current logo placed quite high in the voting.

Why? It's hardly a design classic. I can't see a good reason not to change it. The majority of the logos in the first cull are better than the current one.

I appreciate the work you are doing for this compo, Dave, especially as it's not really important to the running of the site. I'm happy to have a go at reworking my logo(s), but I think it's time you used your authority to tell people how it is! A fresh look for a site is nearly always a good idea and people should a) not be afraid of a new logo, and b) be given the opportunity to vote or be prepared to have things change around them :smash:

Ropie, Is there anything more subjective then art (risky saying this on an audio forum). I can see why the current logo is liked for example. It's simple and it works for my eyes. Simplicity is timeless. It could do with some freshening up off course - which is what we're doing I believe, but hey if your eyes tell you different then who am I to argue ;)

1/the tag line is "Projects by Fanatics, for Fanatics". Being shorter without the "thes" this makes it easier to fit it in and have it readable... there are a few surviving entries where this line is not readable and it needs to be.

Well...does that mean redo all of them which doesnt comply now..! Or Would this not be considered for the time being, but will take its place in the final design. It is a question of removing the two the's and re alligning the text...may be they can be magnified by a couple of points as well as spaced a bit more, but preserving the existing charecteristics (font type, bold, italic etc etc..)

Why I'm asking this is, many of them which are there needs a redo, as we dint start with this as a stringent requirement originally. It evolved as we went on experimenting...!!

It is indeed a bit of a concern for me now, as I'm travelling (on work) and i dont have the resources( the true copies, tools time...) required to redo all of them until some time...:((
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ajju

I disagree that the majority of the logos in the first cut are better than the current one.

However, some of them are better.

I have a feeling that the indirect email approach to voting is causing a lot of people to give up.

Not only that, it is VERY hard to discern whether the label for a graphic is ABOVE or below it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ajju said:
Well...does that mean redo all of them which doesnt comply now..! Or Would this not be considered for the time being, but will take its place in the final design. It is a question of removing the two the's and re alligning the text...may be they can be magnified by a couple of points as well as spaced a bit more, but preserving the existing charecteristics (font type, bold, italic etc etc..)

We are trying to inspire you to take your best work to the next level... to make it special.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
geewhizbang said:
I disagree that the majority of the logos in the first cut are better than the current one.

However, some of them are better.

This is the case... but the current one has the advantage of status quo... the new one needs to be decidedly better

I have a feeling that the indirect email approach to voting is causing a lot of people to give up.

Any suggestions -- i might be able to get a ballot page made up...

Not only that, it is VERY hard to discern whether the label for a graphic is ABOVE or below it.

I tweaked the page (but ATM the old one seems to be stuck in the ISPs cache)

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.