diyAudio Logo Competition Draft Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a little time with Ropies suggestion. Using his design as a starting point and without making it too cryptic looking this is what I ended up with.

Attachments

• diylogo7f.gif
    diylogo7f.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 221
This would be for the website. The same shape can be stylized to look cool on t-shirts. Someone with good graphic skills could do it easily (not trying to push work on anybody, it just might be beyond my skill level). The attached image is just an example. It can be perfected.

The embossing would look cool as a little metal emblem that could be used as a badge for amps or other diy projects. I was thinking especially of the DIY part alone stamped in brass or nickel, or inside a lens style emblem.

Attachments

• diylogo7g.gif
    diylogo7g.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 201
Ropie said:
As you've done it, it reminds me of a design for the title on the cover of a book.

You are probably right. I like serifs, shadows and embossing. It's an easy way to make things stand out. That said, I have seen many web logos that use these techniques. Just look at Google Images. About a third of hits for "logo" are 3-D stylized one way or another.

Or, are you refering to the actual layout/flow of letters?

planet10 said:
I really like the stylized one... a step up from the "embossed" one, and much more versatile.

dave

Do you think you guys will settle on just one look and use it everywhere? I would have a few finishes/styles of the logo and use them where they fit best. Web pages can have one style, print another and screen printing yet another. As long as the logo is instantly recognizable, it's all good.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: competition still on?

frizz said:
sorry for asking - most probably this has been asked 343453252 times before: is the competition still "on" and is there a finalist?

or is it still open for entries?

The 1st elimination round shiuld be posted today or tomorrow -- just waiting for one last bit of information from one of the final judges. Becasue of the tardiness of getting this up the contest deadline will be extended.

Entries are still being encouraged -- the winner is still out there.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.