My first try (any suggestions?)!

Attachments

• diyaudio.gif
    diyaudio.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 360
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Some may have wondered what ever happened to the logo competition. I take full responsibility for it fizzling out.

I think that changing a logo that has weathered the test of time is to be done with great care. None of the entries seemed to better the original by an order of magnitude, so no radical revision was chosen as a winner. No final conclusion was made, and no statement of the (lack of) event ever posted. In a nutshell, that's what happened.

We're very close now to moving the website to a new and improved software platform. It's my hope that we can retain all the best features and home comforts of the current design, and improve on them. In this spirit, I've started a small private contest out of my own pocket on a friends design forum to see if we can get a nice subtle improvement to the current logo which will all know and love. All are welcome to enter, but it's not a contest to come up with something radically different, really just to improve the original. If something turns up which is truly an improvement, maybe we'll run with it. I'd love to see us with something just that bit more unique.

Again, my apologies to those who made such effort to submit designs in the past. Feel free to write me personally to discuss anything at length.

Jason.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The new forum "engine" is ready to go, we're just waiting for the web designers to apply their coat of paint. And the logo, the logo... BWRX still holds the trophy for best typeface (and it's great!) but the jury is still out on the "icon" the defines us, so I'm throwing one last rock in the pond with an icon concept competition.

Expect a brand new diyAudio.com within a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.