Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2004, 08:52 AM   #11
Warp Engineer
On Holiday
 
AudioFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queensland, Australia
Default More details

We also would like a mascot designed ... It's probably better if we get the mascot done before the logo so that the mascot can make an appearance in the logo. Now's I've just got to go and see if I can organise 2 prizes.
__________________
- Dan
 
Old 30th April 2004, 04:44 PM   #12
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hamilton,ontario
Thumbs up cool

good idea im in. it would need to be something that loads fast for
dsl or modem users hmm
 
Old 30th April 2004, 05:29 PM   #13
Warp Engineer
On Holiday
 
AudioFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queensland, Australia
Once I've got the final art, I can optimize for each medium. Please focus on producing something suitable for print.
__________________
- Dan
 
Old 30th April 2004, 07:49 PM   #14
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hamilton,ontario
no problem
 
Old 1st May 2004, 10:03 AM   #15
diyAudio Member
 
Jeff Wong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York
If you're printing the logo (postcards, business cards, or letterhead), will you want something that uses normal 4C CMYK inks, or are custom Pantone colours okay? T-shirts can be silkscreened using pretty much any colour of choice, but, there might be limitations, depending on the place printing them.

Does the logo need to be adaptable in terms of proportion or colours used, or a fixed design that is set in stone? Web banners, because of the odd proportion, might affect how much you might want to alter the base logo to retain its integrity. The need for a more flexible design will present different considerations than one that can only needs to, or can work one way.

Does the mascot need to be part of the logo, or is it something separate than should or could incorporate stylistically? Does the mascot need to be designed with further uses other than print? 3D figurines, plush dolls, key chains? Limitations in molds will need to be factored in, should you choose to get ambitious.
__________________
Caricature Portfolio
 
Old 1st May 2004, 11:24 AM   #16
diyAudio Member
 
Jeff Wong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York
I originally meant to put a comma between 'can only' and 'needs to', but, realised that the 'or can only work one way' was redundant.

Quote:
The need for a more flexible design will present different considerations than one that can only needs to, or can work one way.
so, it should read as:

The need for a more flexible design will present different considerations than one that needs to, or can only work one way.


Quote:
Does the mascot need to be part of the logo, or is it something separate than should or could incorporate stylistically?
should read as:

Does the mascot need to be part of the logo, or is it something separate that should or could incorporate stylistically?
__________________
Caricature Portfolio
 
Old 1st May 2004, 01:48 PM   #17
Warp Engineer
On Holiday
 
AudioFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
[B]If you're printing the logo (postcards, business cards, or letterhead), will you want something that uses normal 4C CMYK inks, or are custom Pantone colours okay? T-shirts can be silkscreened using pretty much any colour of choice, but, there might be limitations, depending on the place printing them.
It's probably best to limit it to standard CMYK.


Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
[B]Does the logo need to be adaptable in terms of proportion or colours used, or a fixed design that is set in stone? Web banners, because of the odd proportion, might affect how much you might want to alter the base logo to retain its integrity. The need for a more flexible design will present different considerations than one that can only needs to, or can work one way.
Once the design is done I'd like to be able to keep it the same for each purpose.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
Does the mascot need to be part of the logo, or is it something separate than should or could incorporate stylistically? Does the mascot need to be designed with further uses other than print? 3D figurines, plush dolls, key chains? Limitations in molds will need to be factored in, should you choose to get ambitious.
Print / web banner only. Should be designed on it's own and the winning mascot should be incorporated into the logo in a stylish manner.
__________________
- Dan
 
Old 1st May 2004, 03:37 PM   #18
diyAudio Member
 
Jeff Wong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York
Do you want the logo to only read diyAudio.com, or should it include the tagline, "projects by the fanatics, for the fanatics"?

Does the 'diy' portion need to be in lower case next to the capitalised 'Audio', or can it be in caps, as long as it is still readable (separated by a colour perhaps)?

Should the design be made to fit the Bulletin Board proportion of 332x76?

Is the smallest usage going to be for a business card, or something smaller, like a 6mm CD spine?

Do you want the colour to tie in with the existing BB colours?
__________________
Caricature Portfolio
 
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:56 AM   #19
Warp Engineer
On Holiday
 
AudioFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
should it include the tagline, "projects by the fanatics, for the fanatics"?
yes it should.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
Does the 'diy' portion need to be in lower case next to the capitalised 'Audio', or can it be in caps, as long as it is still readable (separated by a colour perhaps)?
would rather the spelling be left as it currently is.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
Should the design be made to fit the Bulletin Board proportion of 332x76?
no need.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
Is the smallest usage going to be for a business card, or something smaller, like a 6mm CD spine?
business card or larger.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wong
Do you want the colour to tie in with the existing BB colours?
We are looking at doing a complete make over so no real need to keep with the current colours.
__________________
- Dan
 
Old 5th May 2004, 03:45 PM   #20
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Maby a pic of my pre would make a good logo.
What do I win?
A new pre?
 

Closed Thread


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2