diyAudio Guides

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Click "All Guides" - all the content is there.

It has been "Under Construction" since it was launched. It's been an interesting journey and good learning experience, and it helped us get our first guides launched quickly.

However we will likely be replacing the software in the near future so it can be what it should be.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Sorry for the confusion.

It was an interesting experience to get this kind of thing off the ground quickly, and it worked. However a lot more effort needed to go into it being a "great" implementation of the concept, and the software was lacking. It just wasn't worth putting a heap of effort into trying to make it great on this platform.

We certainly will in the future, one way or another!

Great idea.
Guess it has to be stuff that's pretty nailed down as to the right way to do it.
So often you read conflicting or sideways views on things, as to what's right and wrong.
That's part of the search / leaning curve.

One thing I could easily contribute to is refoaming Tannoy HPDs. I think my procedure / diy write up is on here somewhere, but not as professional as the one I read - the Starving Student (like the name of that one, haha)!

The rest of what I do (mostly horn design and building) is a bit obscure.

Thank you Jason I really like the new environment, it looks great and promises to be very functional. My only comment at this point is that I was looking for the build guide to the F6 and when I found it I noticed that many of the images were not loading. I suspect you will be addressing this as you attempt to assemble material for the build guide page. But since I have just begun to build the F6 I wanted to let you know I would be watching to see when the full guide with illustrations is available once again. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Bruce

Finding this link to the guides, was a huge help! I also had difficulty finding parts lists (or at least navigating to where they are!). Now, my challenge is to either find chassis or wait for them to be incorporated into the kits (like the ACA complete kit). I'm inclined to wait, so as to get the optimum (and pre-drilled) chassis!