Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgrades
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th July 2017, 11:02 AM   #61
Hiten is offline Hiten  India
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the effort. So far having good experience browsing forum. (As mentioned by someone earlier there were few icons missing in message box but that is sorted it seems. Also earlier attached pictures in post used to take time but now it is somewhat better). I think speed is faster too. Clicking on thread takes you to last post is very helpful.

Thanks again.
warm regards.
Old 19th July 2017, 10:25 PM   #62
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Icons missing in the post post were an unfortunate side-effect of the wiki being disabled, however as of a few hours ago, the Wiki's own issues which were preventing it from being enabled have now been resolved.

We are suffering from some serious performance issues since the upgrade to 3.8.11, and are yet to discover the culprit. Performance is VERY important to me. Years ago I spent a lot of time getting diyAudio to a near perfect Pagespeed score, because I think it's critical that websites are fast. I'm not sure why performance has gone down the toilet since upgrading, but we will isolate the problem as a #1 priority before we start work on moving to XF.
Old 20th July 2017, 12:21 AM   #63
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

It does not seem nearly as bad most of the time as it was in the previous few months before the forum software upgrade. Generally much better with a few hiccups here and there. I wondered at the time whether there was a hardware component to the speed issue. (I guess probably not.)
Old 20th July 2017, 12:52 AM   #64
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

I've noticed some very strange stuff going on with the server, so I'm just going to push right ahead with a migration out of our 10 year old Centos 5 box, which has likely suffered from various exploits over the years, to an absolutely modern, fresh Centos 7 box with Redis, and PHP-FPM. That will probably take a week in itself.

We'll move to a proper cloud based, DDOS protected Ansible solution when we move to XF. I'll have to do a lot of work looking at all our configuration set up anyway for this move, and most of that work can be re-used with Ansible configuration.
Old 20th July 2017, 10:29 AM   #65
DF96 is online now DF96  England
diyAudio Member

The diyaudio Trello page took a long time to load, but was basically blank with a dark blue border at the top (on Firefox).

Having never heard of Trello and having no idea what it does I looked at their introductory page. It told me how useful Trello is and all the types of organisation and business which might benefit from it. It didn't say anywhere what Trello actually does. Whatever it does, it doesn't seem to be doing it for me regarding diyaudio. I had to go to Wikipedia via Google to finally discover what Trello actually does. I can only assume that the authors of Trello are so amazed at their own amazingness that it did not occur to them that someone might not have heard of them or what their product does. Using a product's own website to explain what the product does is so conventional and boring.

You are doing an excellent job, Jason. When you have fixed and migrated diyaudio, perhaps you could then tell Trello how to fix their website?
Old 20th July 2017, 10:40 AM   #66
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

No problems accessing Trello with MS Edge.
Attached Images
File Type: png Trello.png (256.7 KB, 165 views)
Old 20th July 2017, 11:01 AM   #67
DF96 is online now DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Thanks. Useful to know what I should have seen. As far as I know my Firefox is up to date, although as I am running on XP other things may not be.

The frequent page reloads I was getting on here seem to have gone away for now, so I don't know whether Jason has fixed that or some rogue code from elsewhere has gone.
Old 21st July 2017, 04:31 AM   #68
Dude111 is offline Dude111
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
We are suffering from some serious performance issues since the upgrade to 3.8.11, and are yet to discover the culprit. Performance is VERY important to me. Years ago I spent a lot of time getting diyAudio to a near perfect Pagespeed score, because I think it's critical that websites are fast. I'm not sure why performance has gone down the toilet since upgrading, but we will isolate the problem as a #1 priority before we start work on moving to XF.
Hmm did you update the php version to 7 Jason? (Im not sure if thats important but it may be)
Old 21st July 2017, 04:32 PM   #69
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

The connection to Tapatalk seems broken. Can not log in on either Android or IOS.
Old 21st July 2017, 11:53 PM   #70
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Tapatalk is currently disabled. see Tapatalk, system massage: Plugin is not activated Plugin

Tony.

diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgradesHide this!Advertise here!