Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgrades
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th July 2017, 02:56 AM   #51
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Just experienced about 40 minutes of downtime. Not sure exactly why but it appears that Apache crashed, and it is to do with the Wiki software. Disabling the wiki has restored normal operations. I am still working on many different upgrades and archivals but obviously this is now at the top of the list. For now the Wiki will be disabled (again).
Old 16th July 2017, 06:39 AM   #52
Dude111 is offline Dude111
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Once we move to our new platform, the sky is the limit. I look forward to existing members such as yourself enjoying the new and improved features, as well as seeing a new generation of audiophiles getting the do-it-yourself audio bug and enjoying the hobby.
Thank you mate for your hard work!!!!!

May I suggest something I think is BETTER than Xenforo if your gonna drop this?

SMF is beautiful .... Its fast and basic and works well ........ Have a look @ this site

www.mauisun.org/smf?theme=2

Another SMF site im on: www.inthe00s.com/index.php?theme=2

Thank you Jason..... I have loved it here since I joined DIY

Last edited by Dude111; 16th July 2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 16th July 2017, 08:13 AM   #53
diyAudio Administrator

SMF is nice, but there is a lot of energy behind XF and I like the direction they're heading in.

I think I have tracked the problem earlier today down to the new Wiki version requiring a lot of extra resources and it overloading the server's memory caches. I have made some adjustments and re-enabled the wiki. Let's see how we go...
Old 17th July 2017, 04:25 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Ya its interesting since you changed the Wiki months ago I notice on IE6 (MyIE2) here it locks up,doesnt load right.... sometimes I have to hit refresh once or 2 times.......

Anyway you could add an option to disable Wiki from loading for a particular user? (I mean I can block it from loading but other than that)

And thank you Jason for your comments about Xenforo........So you think XF is more powerful than SMF is?? -- HMMMM I hadnt really thought of it...... (All I thought about is how pretty it looks)
Old 18th July 2017, 10:54 AM   #55
diyAudio Administrator

Server was just down for about 30 minutes due to a mistake on my behalf, I do apologize. The issue has been resolved. Progress continues well on all other fronts.
Old 18th July 2017, 11:59 AM   #56
modmix is offline modmix  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason, since the upgrade Enhanced Print View doesn't work for me anymore (renewal was not long ago).
TIA Ulli
Old 19th July 2017, 01:09 AM   #57
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmix View Post
Hi Jason, since the upgrade Enhanced Print View doesn't work for me anymore (renewal was not long ago).
TIA Ulli
Thanks Ulli. I'm working on this now.

I realize that I could do a better job of keeping everyone informed of how progress is going, what's been finished and what is yet to be done. To that end, I have created a Trello board which will soon be accessible at https://status.diyaudio.com. If the site is ever down by my own handiwork you can check there to see if its intentional (sometimes it will be, sometimes it may not be!).

Until DNS propagates, you can get to the "diyAudio Status" board here: diyAudio Status Trello Board
Old 19th July 2017, 02:56 AM   #58
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmix View Post
TIA Ulli
Enhanced print thread should be working for you now. If you experience any problems let me know.
Old 19th July 2017, 05:57 AM   #59
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I realize that I could do a better job of keeping everyone informed of how progress is going......
I think your doing a FINE job Mate,not to worry
Old 19th July 2017, 08:08 AM   #60
modmix is offline modmix  Germany
diyAudio Member

+1
Thanks for providing this excellent forum!

diyAudio will be down this Sunday/Monday for upgradesHide this!Advertise here!