Changes at Markaudio - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2015, 04:08 AM   #1
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Default Changes at Markaudio

As many of you may know, Mark Fenlon of Markaudio is in long term treatment and recovery following his cancer diagnosis in January 2013. His driver designs and production have been taken on by a new company “Markaudio Loudspeakers Ltd”. The new company is operated by Evan Yu (old Markaudio’s factory manager), Norio Nakajima (Japan main distributor) and the main shareholder, Steve Cheng group CEO of several manufacturing companies throughout Asia, Europe and the USA. These guys have stepped in and taken the working load off Mark’s shoulders. Mark continues to work for the new company as its development guru, also supporting new Markaudio’s sister company Markaudio-Sota which will handle finished loudspeaker products.

Mark’s health situation continues to be “work in progress”. His abilities to manage normal commercial activity remain limited. Sadly its not possible for him to continue active facilitation inside Diyaudio. Mark has expressed his many thanks to all members and moderators for their great support for the dedicated Markaudio section while is was active on Diyaudio. That section has now been retired and the most valuable threads integrated into the rest of the public forum. Mark hopes members will continue to enjoy and support Diyaudio through participation in its existing forums.

For practical purposes, all new posts and threads relating to Markaudio drivers and associated projects are best placed in the Full-Range or Multiway sections of Loudspeakers.

Cheers,

Jason

Last edited by Jason; 29th December 2015 at 04:17 AM.
Old 1st January 2016, 09:18 PM   #2
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

I sincerely wish Mark the best for the New Year. Regardless of what life brings to him in the way of challenges he continues to provide a role model for many.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 4th January 2016, 01:03 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I am going to say a prayer for Mark that things turn out OK for him...... Makes me feel bad hearing this....

Thank you Jason for letting us know!
Old 4th January 2016, 01:21 AM   #4
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Sorry to hear this, a very tough road to hoe.
Old 29th January 2016, 10:46 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Mark,
I just joined the forum and dang it.... I see this thread.
Keep fighting man! I'm sending one up for you. So you know...

Last year I made a set of Bob Brines MLT speakers using your drivers. Pure Butter!!!
I am in awe every time I listen.
Old 10th February 2016, 06:46 PM   #6
cotdt is offline cotdt  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cotdt
Good luck to him. Love his drivers.

Hide this!Advertise here!