The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis requesting your feedback! - Page 26 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 18th October 2012, 02:19 AM   #251
cdfac is offline cdfac  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbones View Post
With regard to the 5U which has 2 heatsinks along each side. I bought this model a couple of years ago from Italy and tapped the holes. If one is using a BA-2 output board on each side I found the two central mosfets would be either side of the join between the heatsinks. My question is whether these two mosfets would run hotter because of their close proximity to the join betweeen the heatsinks compared to the others which were positioned well away from the heatsink edges?
this also might seem to be a concern with the F5c boards. i was thinking of using those boards in this 5U chassis to build the 50W/8R F5t (fully Class A, if the heatsinks are up to it). should work though, right?

Old 18th October 2012, 02:49 AM   #252
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by labjr View Post
You're out of the back panel parts kits already?

I wanted to order the works today. Any ETA on new stock?
Hi! The description says "This will be in stock sometime next week or thereabouts." and if I'm not mistaken, we're on track to ship the kits to the fulfillment center in the next day or two. Everyone is waiting on these so they're our #1 priority at the moment. We held it back because at the last minute we decided we should add all the fiddly little bolts and standoffs to make people's lives easier, but because we didn't want anyone to miss out on a chassis we have made a commitment to ship all chassis right away, and the back panel kits when they arrive, at our own expense (Domestic US orders only) (International orders will be held and sent all at once).

Old 18th October 2012, 08:48 AM   #253
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdfac View Post
this also might seem to be a concern with the F5c boards. i was thinking of using those boards in this 5U chassis to build the 50W/8R F5t (fully Class A, if the heatsinks are up to it). should work though, right?
I haven't put the 5U chassis to the test because I ended up using a couple of old Thorens Restek monoblocks whose heatsinks were thankfully drilled exactly the same distance as for the BA-2 power board mosfets. However, I am considering building another amp using the BA-3 front ends so I will be using the 5U unit. I am sure the heatsinks will do a good job but this still leaves the question about heat distribution close to the join. Perhaps a temperature difference between these central mosfets will not make much difference anyway.

Old 18th October 2012, 11:18 AM   #254
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

How do I find the European distribution?

Old 18th October 2012, 11:41 AM   #255
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
How do I find the European distribution?
Great question and great timing.

We have come to an arrangement with Hifi2000 that European diyAudio members (or indeed anyone that will benefit from shipping closer to Italy) can purchase the same product configurations we offer in the diyAudio store directly from Hifi2000. It will be both cheaper and faster to order directly from them than from the diyAudio store.

Just email info@modushop.biz along with the SKUs (Stock Keeping Unit, the product identification) of the products you are interested in and they will give you a quote. To find the SKUs do the following (see attachment):
  1. Add the products you are interested in to your cart
  2. Click the "Checkout with PayPal" button
  3. Write down or copy and paste the "Item IDs" that appear on the left hand of the screen (you don't have to log in)

This information will be be integrated into the diyAudio store online ordering system at some point over the next week to make it much more straight forward.
Attached Images
File Type: png how to find the SKU.png (15.4 KB, 424 views)

Old 22nd October 2012, 08:55 PM   #256
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Sorry everyone, I messed up the brass stand-off order for mounting the boards. The rear panel kit will be about a week longer arriving.
Mark

Old 16th November 2012, 10:41 PM   #257
Mr. dB is offline Mr. dB  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Sorry everyone, I messed up the brass stand-off order for mounting the boards. The rear panel kit will be about a week longer arriving.
Mark
Received today for which many thanks!

Old 16th November 2012, 10:51 PM   #258
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you to the diyAudio team!

Jason- I want to thank you and the team at diyAudio for all your great work on the store. It's great to have a source for the Italian chassis, not to mention the growing line of PCBs, etc. Great work and know that we in the diyAudio community really appreciate your efforts!

Old 17th November 2012, 02:30 AM   #259
gannaji is offline gannaji  India
diyAudio Member

I am from Hyderabad. I want my son in USA to order and bring the Chassis to me when he next visits me. Can you supply only the Heatsinks, for 4U, suitably drilled and tapped as per spec? What will be the cost per pair? Bringing the full chassis will be very difficult.
Thanks.
gannaji.

Old 17th November 2012, 02:52 AM   #260
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Actually the entire chassis flat-packs around the heatsinks and the total package isn't much larger than the heatsinks themselves. Here is a photo of a package from hifi2000 -

Click the image to open in full size.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!