The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis requesting your feedback! - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 18th July 2012, 02:27 AM   #141
quan is offline quan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
G'day Quan! You will have access, but shipping will be expensive as we are only going to be stocking them in our US warehouse. They will also be for sale directly from Modu in Italy.
Thanks Jason, like usual we will be missing out.
Quan

Old 18th July 2012, 02:38 AM   #142
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Our warehouse partner is opening an Australian warehouse in the very near future, so don't lose all hope yet One thing Australians have that nobody else has is loads of bauxite, and plenty of coal to fry it into cheap Aluminium, so we do have an edge up on the rest of the world when it comes to getting heatsinks from Conrad

Old 18th July 2012, 03:10 AM   #143
quan is offline quan  Australia
diyAudio Member

yes Jason, i ' ve got plenty of heatsinks but no cases to put them into. The amp will look terribly ugly and dangerous

Old 18th July 2012, 04:59 AM   #144
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quan View Post
yes Jason, i ' ve got plenty of heatsinks but no cases to put them into. The amp will look terribly ugly and dangerous

But at least it won't get hot !

Old 25th July 2012, 07:54 AM   #145
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

There you go!..

Old 25th July 2012, 01:25 PM   #146
BigE is offline BigE  Canada
diyAudio Member

Any 3U?

Old 8th August 2012, 05:49 PM   #147
diyAudio Member

As someone new to this, all I have to say is THANKS ! I’m about to assemble (just finished the boards) my first project - an F5 - and I can say that I without this site, and a tip of the hat to Nelson Pass, I would not have started this project. The PCBs are awesome (One less hurtle and much better that I would have put together.) and the support from the community is jaw dropping. And now this!

What you have done is lower the activation energy for someone starting out. It’s not so scary to start an unfamiliar project. One more step, making it easer and cheeper.

Thanks!

Old 13th August 2012, 03:49 AM   #148
Untel is offline Untel  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Availability status

Any news when cabinets will be available. They are not listed yet in the DIY Store but according to one of the few previous post they where out of the manufacturing plant.

Starting to build the Honey Badger amp and it would save me time and effort if cabinet is available within few weeks while working with the soldering iron

Old 25th August 2012, 10:20 PM   #149
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

I cannot wait for these to be in stock, I am planning a whole new F5 build when they come out.

Old 28th August 2012, 03:39 PM   #150
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Any 3U?
Not on the first run. If they sell well and there is demand we'll do 3U for the next run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurray618 View Post
The PCBs are awesome (One less hurtle and much better that I would have put together.) and the support from the community is jaw dropping. And now this!

What you have done is lower the activation energy for someone starting out. It’s not so scary to start an unfamiliar project. One more step, making it easer and cheeper.

Thanks!
Thanks for the positive feedback It's been an inordinate amount of work, we could probably write a book about our trials and tribulations over the last few years pulling all this together. We're blessed to have such a great community supporting diyAudio and of course this would never have happened without Nelson. My own personal dream for diyAudio is to have it achieve what I created it for in the first place - to be the best place on the internet to find and contribute to audio projects, and that definitely means even for beginners. We're making slow but steady progress behind the scenes on a number of fronts to make that dream a reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untel View Post
Any news when cabinets will be available. They are not listed yet in the DIY Store but according to one of the few previous post they where out of the manufacturing plant.

Starting to build the Honey Badger amp and it would save me time and effort if cabinet is available within few weeks while working with the soldering iron
The first run is complete and presently half way across the Atlantic ocean. We are expecting they will be available for sale about the 19th or 20th of September.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!