The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis requesting your feedback! - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2012, 06:06 PM   #121
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Fantastic! Those look great!!!!!!

Old 17th June 2012, 07:39 PM   #122
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

I imagine any standard binding post will fit?

Old 17th June 2012, 07:57 PM   #123
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

I think it depends on your definition of "standard". Our feedback suggests most people will want to use premium posts, to match the premium look of the chassis, and "premium" posts tend to be a larger diameter than the cheaper ones. We're going to offer "premium-yet-affordable" posts in our back plate parts kit.

The mechanical diagram has been posted above (V1.6). The holes are 3/4" apart (the standard distance for double banana plugs), 11.5mm in diameter, and have a keyed slot (which stops the post twisting) so that other premium keyed binding posts such as those from WBT can drop straight in. We're also going to be offering blank back plates if you want to DIY. With a suitable washer or collar, you could make smaller posts fit, or drill the hole larger for larger posts.

Last edited by Jason; 17th June 2012 at 08:01 PM.

Old 17th June 2012, 08:27 PM   #124
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

I would probably use Cardas because I have a few sets lying around. I think they need 1/2" holes that are 3/4" on center. I thought that was a standard.

It's nice to be able to buy blank plates though.

Old 18th June 2012, 12:50 AM   #125
diyAudio Member

Will you be add the handles for these boxes ? Very glad to see you selling these boxes shipping from italy is huge. can we vote on other ones in the line? Regards

Old 18th June 2012, 12:59 AM   #126
diyAudio Administrator

Yes, handles will be available! The line up for our first production is already locked in, but based on feedback we'll consider expanding and tweaking the options for the next run.

Old 18th June 2012, 01:16 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Yes, handles will be available! The line up for our first production is already locked in, but based on feedback we'll consider expanding and tweaking the options for the next run.
Since you need a plat's worth of chassis to make this work from a cost point do you have a time line for the next batch . Where I am going with this is if people will pre order some thing hi2000 make but you don't stock what the lead time might be. Regards

Old 18th June 2012, 02:41 AM   #128
jdkJake is offline jdkJake  United States
diyAudio Member

Jason,

Based upon the progress thus far, do you have an expected dated for these to become available for order?

I am very much looking forward to these becoming available. A most excellent idea, which, I am sure will prove most successful.

Old 18th June 2012, 04:27 PM   #129
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triodethom View Post
Since you need a plat's worth of chassis to make this work from a cost point do you have a time line for the next batch . Where I am going with this is if people will pre order some thing hi2000 make but you don't stock what the lead time might be. Regards
I'd say about 2 months, hopefully sooner, but will confirm as soon as I have hard data.

Old 5th July 2012, 05:22 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

Default Just what I needed...

I am just learning about this effort today...

I will be waiting (and saving) to purchase some.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!