The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis requesting your feedback! - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2012, 04:51 AM   #91
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
we don't need to remember the formulae.
It's remembering the science behind the formulae that is more important.
A small increase in thickness makes for a big increase in both stiffness and strength.

Funny thing is I know that (I'm sure you're not saying I don't). But thanks for reminding me.

BTT: What we're doing now is joining the science and economics of it all. Thanks to this feedback thread which is very helpful and informative.

Cheers

Old 1st April 2012, 09:36 PM   #92
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Due to many requests we are probably going to add some more holes to the UMS (Universal Mounting Standard) for the Big A 400mm chassis.

Here is the beginning of many posts describing of what I'm proposing, which invloves a specific board size.

F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Come on over and pile on!

Mark

Old 2nd April 2012, 11:10 AM   #93
slownlo is offline slownlo  United States
diyAudio Member

Wink Much appreciated...

That you guys are looking to offer these here in the USA. The lack of domestically available options has made this the most daunting part of my DIY experience when building a transistor amplifier. Tube chassis' are a non-issue. A punched out top plate (Front Panel Express) and sturdy wood base (choose your exotic wood and build a simple frame) are all that's actually needed for a beautiful project...

Having built a few class A transistor amps and tapping M3 holes, breaking taps, etc...this is a welcome option.

Old 2nd April 2012, 04:37 PM   #94
diyAudio Member

What a great idea, well done. I bought a chassis from this company for shipment to the UK last year. It took me ages to tap the holes in the heatsinks for the BA-2 boards so to have them pre-drilled is going to save future purchasers a lot of effort.
What about us in Europe? Will the diyaudio specified chassis appear on the MODU website?
Something else which took a while was cutting out the backplate of the chassis for mains sockets, phono plugs and loudspeaker posts. I know individual layouts differ but how about a standard drilled plate for these--one can always add some holes although it may not look that tidy.
Once again thanks for your hard work.
Chris

Old 3rd April 2012, 05:42 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Nice to know about these. Might have a project coming up I could use a prefab chassis for...

Old 4th April 2012, 12:12 AM   #96
triode4 is offline triode4  United States
diyAudio Member

I have waited quite awhile to start several amps because of the lack of chassis options. I'll be buying more than 1!

Old 4th April 2012, 03:11 AM   #97
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

The bulk of survey responses are now in and we're a day or two away from announcing the final line up and pricing. We are also now very considering offering CNC'd back plates with a power entry module.

Interest in all aluminum chassis is very strong. Unfortunately it is not possible to get the 2U chassis in Aluminum.

They don't make an aluminum version of the 2U chassis (Their name for that chassis is "Pesante"). They do however have a line called "Slim Line" which does come in aluminum, and has heatsink-like sides, and comes in 280mm and 350mm depth.

I've created a new survey just to ask some questions specifically about the 2U, for both those interested in tube and also for non-tube projects. We will try to stock a product for each audience specifically for their needs. If you could spare a few seconds, it will really help us with our choices.

Link: 2U questionnaire for tube and non-tube fanatics

Last edited by Jason; 4th April 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Old 7th April 2012, 12:15 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason:

Any chance to buy just the heatsink?

Thanks..

Old 8th April 2012, 03:49 AM   #99
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
We are also now very considering offering CNC'd back plates with a power entry module
Yes please!

Old 10th April 2012, 09:18 AM   #100
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmant123 View Post
Hi Jason:

Any chance to buy just the heatsink?

Thanks..
Due to the limitations of our warehousing model, we'll only be offering a limited number of product "options" to start. Based on how things go, we certainly will consider expanding the options available in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
Yes please!
It looks like most people would like a CNC'd backplate, but there are a few complications we don't want to trip over in providing such an option, and putting too many holes in smaller chassis is asking for trouble.

We'll definitely at least offer the PEM module hole on the back of larger chassis, and possibly speaker binding post holes and RCA holes if we can agree on where they should go for most flexibility.

Can we get some recommendations for PEM hole dimensions as well as recommendations for good PEM modules themselves? If anyone is game to suggest ideal placement for PEM, RCA and speaker binding posts that will go in the mix too. Thanks

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!