The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis – requesting your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 U All Aluminium chassis shipping

While going thru the ordering process I found that your shipping services for the 4 U All-Aluminium Chassis does not include USPS standard as a shipping option only UPS. Surprisingly, the 2 other shipping options are using USPS. Is this an error or is UPS the only "slow" solution.

UPS is not a good shipper for me because they will charge high custom brookage fees and they also usually charge more for shipping. USPS and Canada Post are charging a much more reasonable custom fee (when they charge it :) ).

I'm not in a hurry so if USPS - Canada Postal service takes few days more that UPS I don't care.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
While going thru the ordering process I found that your shipping services for the 4 U All-Aluminium Chassis does not include USPS standard as a shipping option only UPS. Surprisingly, the 2 other shipping options are using USPS. Is this an error or is UPS the only "slow" solution.

UPS is not a good shipper for me because they will charge high custom brookage fees and they also usually charge more for shipping. USPS and Canada Post are charging a much more reasonable custom fee (when they charge it :) ).

I'm not in a hurry so if USPS - Canada Postal service takes few days more that UPS I don't care.

Thanks for your message - I must have missed this somehow - sorry! It should be showing up USPS - what is your post code / zip code?

I thought I'd fixed this when I made this post but obviously not. I'm a bit confused about your message though - you say "I found..does not include USPS, only UPS" and then "The 2 other shipping options are using USPS". So, let me know and we'll work something out for you. Worst case, we can ship it out using a manual interaction with our fulfillment center and specifying USPS (we can definitely ship by USPS, unless they simply won't handle that size/weight) and invoice you.

Sorry for only just noticing your post - if anyone else ever has any wants or needs to do with shipping please contact helpdesk@diyaudio.com or diyAudio | Portal as a primary method of obtaining quick support.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The next batch of "10mm x 10mm grid" deluxe chassis has finished production and are presently half way across the Atlantic. Products should start shipping out around August 15th.

The deluxe chassis have been significantly improved for DIY use with a new 10x10 grid hole pattern in the base, riser panels that allow for an incredible number of mounting options and space optimization and a new blind hole pattern on the back of the front panel. The new PSU board is compatible with this 10x10 grid pattern and all new boards from the diyAudo store in the future will be featuring "10x10 grid compatibility". The 10x10 grid is a sane, open and non-proprietary pattern that circuit board designers can consider when placing mounting holes in circuit boards.

For those people that purchased the original chassis and want to get on the 10x10 train, we are making the new 10x10 300mm base and the 10x10 400mm base available for sale for the next 3 days to save you having to order it from Italy in the future. We'll ship them over by air next Monday with the ACA chassis. It won't be sold separately in the USA after this.

Of course there is also plenty of other new stuff available for pre-order in the store right now:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.