The diyAudio Store (USA) soon to stock chassis – requesting your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Has anyone though about taking it a notch higher and have the faceplate either mirror polished or sprayed with a thin coat of gold.

Mirror polish is easy with a palm sander: 400grit, 600 grit, 1000 grit, 2000 grit, then get a polish for aluminum like Semi-Chrome and polish with a rag turning often. Will look fine a year later but if you polish it again it will look even better. Even your fingernails will scratch it though.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'd say no. But the simplest solution is just have a 5th foot under the transformer. Otherwise The DIY Friendly Base but better if you have washers between the DFB and the bottom of the case where the mounting bolt goes through.

Will the bottom plate be hefty enough to support a 600-750 VA transformer without the DIY-Friendly Base option?

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Having just paid the customs / port processing fees (which was more than the duties!), they'll be en route to our LA fulfillment center later today. The fulfillment center normally takes 3-5 business days to get stock available, so I think it's safe to say a week from now. The store will be updated shortly with all the info. Thanks!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Having just paid the customs / port processing fees (which was more than the duties!), they'll be en route to our LA fulfillment center later today. The fulfillment center normally takes 3-5 business days to get stock available, so I think it's safe to say a week from now. The store will be updated shortly with all the info. Thanks!

And the silence is deafening.... :D

(I know, I know, exhale and be patient, these things take time)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi JK. Good news and bad news. The bad news is the warehouse had special unloading requirements and it took them over a week to get the boxes off the pallets and into their system. The good news is, they're now live - please expect an announcement by the end of today with secret link to the new store area!

Status
Not open for further replies.