First post perpetual edit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
This is what comes up when I click manage attachments..

Attachments

• Admin.PNG
    Admin.PNG
    66.1 KB · Views: 293
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I don't think that changing attachments also was in the original plan.

Thats a shame..(no chance then)

I thought I could just add the final shematic to the first post so anyone could just locate it easier...not thinking of deleting any..If you change anything by posting in the thread and create a link its going to put it back in the forum for no reason?

Then again when you edit a post why do you not get the ability to mod or add an attachment until the time out period has gone..OK then its locked? And have to create a new post..just for an attachment?<<off topic

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Give a link to an up to date attachment or schematic or BOM or whatever.
i.e. create an index.

Some people don't upload and they remove the attachment from its location you just get a box with the red X in it...thats what happened to this thread and all the schematics have gone missing..So you can't link to it in the existing thread.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thats a shame..(no chance then)

I thought I could just add the final shematic to the first post so anyone could just locate it easier...not thinking of deleting any..If you change anything by posting in the thread and create a link its going to put it back in the forum for no reason?

Then again when you edit a post why do you not get the ability to mod or add an attachment until the time out period has gone..OK then its locked? And have to create a new post..just for an attachment?<<off topic

Regards
M. Gregg

Imagine people removing attachments content or changing attachments content in GBs for instance over some dispute or whatever. Or a previous version gets wiped and some guys had already bought the BOM materials and get confused with an only newer version in a building thread. A link to a new post is best and preserves the history of attachments and development. In special cases you can always ask moderators to help you out with a must change or add 1st post attachment so the process gets monitored also.

Some people don't upload and they remove the attachment from its location you just get a box with the red X in it...thats what happened to this thread and all the schematics have gone missing..So you can't link to it in the existing thread.
That's why I show my displeasure when folk use remote servers.

The more who complain the more likely we will get this terrible practice (remote servers) stopped.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is an excellente feature guys! Great work! It was getting to the point where about 30% of the posts in the GB threads were just people asking if there were boards left (if you include replies, it was more like 50%).

I was able to add a line to the first post in the thread indicating the status of the GB, and I think it will really help to reduce the number of unnecesssary questions.

As for the attachments, I fully agree with Salas... they should remain locked. If you want to point people to the most up-to-date version simply link to a later post with the correct attachements.

I think the system as it is now does a good job of preserving history (and integrity) while still providing a powerful tool to index relevant data in a thread that can have thousands of posts.

Keep up the good work!

Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.