diyAudio newsletter - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2010, 10:41 AM   #81
audi0 is offline audi0  Australia
Account disabled at member's request

anybody put in;

diyAudio Review

yet?
Old 27th February 2010, 05:33 PM   #82
infinia is offline infinia  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I don't have IE7 handy, but will find a way to test with it. Which desktop client (eg outlook, and clicking on the web version?) / web client (eg gmail) are you using it with?
Hi Jason
I'll just have to ditch IE7 and use Chrome it's a LOT snappier on this site as well as yahoo mail. When we switched forum software a while back things really bogged down on page loading and graphics.
I'll have to DL various pluggins for Chrome to get the IE look and esp the web text looking good on my monitor again.
Thanks
Old 9th March 2010, 06:12 PM   #83
JoMoCo is offline JoMoCo  United States
diyAudio Member

How about

Say Watt ?
Old 10th March 2010, 04:11 AM   #84
Roushon is offline Roushon  India
diyAudio Member

Another possibility

Filter & Amplify
Old 14th August 2010, 10:30 AM   #85
pjp is offline pjp  India
diyAudio Member

I happened to look in my spam folder today, and discovered that DiyAudio sends out a newsletter!

I'm not sure what's triggering Yahoo Mail's spam filter, but apparently something is. I don't have any special/extra spam filtering rules setup, so I suspect every DiyAudio member with a yahoo email id is not seeing the newsletter.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:35 AM   #86
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Thanks PJP. It's pretty hard to get through to yahoo these days. It's been a battle to even get regular forum notifications through to yahoo. Their spam filter isn't as good as Google's and they overcompensate by just blocking everything If anyone has any advice on how to get more mail through, please feel free to contact me. Getting on their "official" whitelist via their email cartel arrangements is in the $x,xxx range...
Old 14th August 2010, 10:36 AM   #87
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

It's not even in my spam folder. Did I do something to be disqualified?
Old 14th August 2010, 10:39 AM   #88
diyAudio Administrator

We're limiting our send rate to 3600 per hour to avoid getting put into spam folders

The current list size (after removing bounces etc) is about 125,000 so it's about a 2 day send. We're about 50% of the way through the send.

Our IP should be kept quite "warm" in between newsletters due to the number of notification emails the server sends out, but I'm constantly upping the send rate and checking for bounces so we can try and get it out in quicker. We're just sending from our own server using some fully owned and hosted software to keep costs down - using a "proper" service like Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor would get us into more mailboxes and whitelists but also cost mid $x,xxx a year due to our list size - we'd need some serious advertising to support that.

Last edited by Jason; 14th August 2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 14th August 2010, 11:22 AM   #89
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

My wife is making fun of me because she got hers and I didn't. "See? If you were a nicer person, they wouldn't have bounced you off the newsletter list."
Old 14th August 2010, 11:34 AM   #90
diyAudio Administrator

I tell the unwashed hordes who implore me daily to kick you off this site that you must stay as our elemental evil lest the lack of the irreplaceable nastyness you exude somehow prevent the fermentation of the addictive moonshine that is diyAudio and leave said hordes parched and wanting again for the itchy gestalt you can't help but scratch.

Hide this!Advertise here!