10 Year Burn In Tshirts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The print run for the tshirts actually starts today for the "Fanatic Donors" tshirts.

Our newsletter has taken much longer than we anticipated which has pushed the final date for purchasing the last tshirts right out (it was meant to be the end of last year), but we really want to let our older / less active members have a chance to buy a shirt, so there is one last print run for "Regular" members being done on the 28th of February. The first issue of our newsletter is going to start sending in the next day or two and will have a link to the store.

You can preorder a tshirt or mug now at The diyAudio Store - last orders absolutely end on the 28th.

Jason

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hey,

I just ordered a shirt (finally) from the newsletter ad. But as soon as the order got to PayPal, an additional $9. was added under shipping and handling. I went back and re-did the whole order (triple-checking I had the free shipping option checked) and same thing happened. So I canceled payment.

Not sure how to proceed now. I sent a message from the cart email link, but I haven't had any replies or confirmation emails, or anything, so I'm not sure if the entire order was canceled, or just the PayPal transaction.

Let me know how to proceed guys.

..Todd

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hey,

I just ordered a shirt (finally) from the newsletter ad. But as soon as the order got to PayPal, an additional $9. was added under shipping and handling. I went back and re-did the whole order (triple-checking I had the free shipping option checked) and same thing happened. So I canceled payment.

Not sure how to proceed now. I sent a message from the cart email link, but I haven't had any replies or confirmation emails, or anything, so I'm not sure if the entire order was canceled, or just the PayPal transaction.

..Todd

All I will say is DARN. That is a peculiar bug I picked up in Magento a few weeks ago when I upgraded it, and I scared me so much I rolled back to the previous version. I thought it was just an upgrade bug.

Thank you very much for posting this bug report. I will get right on it and post back here if I find anything.

If the price is not too steep You should easily triple your sales :~)

Yeah, these shirts haven't been cheap to make at all but they are special edition shirts. We'll have "regular" and cheaper shirts next time round.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hey,

..Todd

Todd, thanks for reporting this. I think I've solved the problem. It was a legacy setting in paypal from pre-store days when we were using paypal to directly take orders for the tshirts. I think the bug has been squashed now! Thank you. Let me know if you have any problems.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Todd, thanks for reporting this. I think I've solved the problem. It was a legacy setting in paypal from pre-store days when we were using paypal to directly take orders for the tshirts. I think the bug has been squashed now! Thank you. Let me know if you have any problems.

Done. All is well.

I guess it needed 10 years and 1 month to fully burn in.

..Todd

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yup, Jason wanted to do something special for the "Fanatic" shirts! ;)

I'm packing, addressing, and mailing them out, from San Francisco, and it is a bit of a slog. There are over 150 packages including the regular 10yr shirts from the store, and it is taking a while to get them in the mail, so please be patient-they're coming!

Mark

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Yep, all those who took advantage of the "Fanatic" level donation offer in 2009 have some truly unique and customized memorabilia!

THANKS VERY MUCH TO MARK for performing the huge amount of manual labor involved in posting all these separate packages out all over the world - sorting, packaging, postage, logistics.

hey, that's cool.

the cat likes it,

but now I already have cat hairs on my new shirt

:D

Attachments

• IMG_3787.JPG
    IMG_3787.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3789.JPG
    IMG_3789.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 145
Joined 2004
Paid Member
très cool

:D Package came a little while ago.
Squeezed it and thought it was some
knitting yarn my wife had ordered but
saw my name on it? Then noticed who
it was from. Popped it open and checked
out the back then the front and was
surprised to find my
diyAudio nom de plume under it. :eek:
Thanks, very nice, très cool............

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.