Server Upgrade Next Week - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2009, 10:40 PM   #11
AKN is offline AKN  Sweden
No snake oil
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to AKN
Hmm, wet or not, I like the new one already.....
Good luck switching over!
Old 28th November 2009, 07:47 AM   #12
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2cthomas View Post
Don't get me going ZM - Jason still owes me a t-shirt so I don't want to be getting any stains on his thread.
Tshirt design has been whittled down from about 40 designs to just one. Expect an announcement in the next day or two!

We're not on the new server yet - I've been flat out preparing the new articles, articles system, and gallery - lots to launch!

Server pics have been requested!
Old 28th November 2009, 01:56 PM   #13
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

I have made a mistake by stating that Jason “owes” me a t-shirt. The correct way to state this is that Jason has stated that he is going to give me and other $$$$ contributors a t-shirt as his way of expressing his thanks for our contributing to diyAudio.

I very much appreciate his kind and generous gesture of this gift as well as all of the hours and work that he and many others contribute to this forum. It humbles me to consider that this really is a labor of love for Jason and the core group that keep diyAudio up and running. As a result of their work we have a place to discover new tricks and toys and get to complement others on their accomplishments or help someone out with some advice. There are some of the worlds best designers and builders present on diyAudio, and I have had many hours of pleasure reading the threads and then burning my finger tips (not really) putting together some new project that I saw presented here.

I gave (and will continue to do so) some $$$ to support the cause – but what I have contributed is very little compared to the gifts I have received by hanging around and reading the threads presented here.

I know that not all of us are blessed with spare cash to toss in for the cause and that is ok because thanks to Jason and Crew this is a free forum.

I’m looking forward to my little present of a t-shirt from the gang at diyAudio. Now if I could figure out a way to have a cute “server” show up at my door step and make me an offer to have a private wet t-shirt contest with it life would be really sweet!!! Well – it would be sweet until SWMBO stuck her head around the corner and asked “honey – what are you doing?” Then I would be making $$$$ contributions to either the local jeweler or an attorney
Old 28th November 2009, 07:58 PM   #14
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Curious, but what kind of server is it? How many horse powers?
Old 28th November 2009, 11:44 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peranders View Post
Curious, but what kind of server is it? How many horse powers?

Me too

But if it's a dedicated server for just diyA, anything above 600MHz is just so much heat for a webserver....

Cheers!
Old 29th November 2009, 03:20 AM   #16
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Me too

But if it's a dedicated server for just diyA, anything above 600MHz is just so much heat for a webserver....

Cheers!
Do they still make 'em that run that slooooooow??

Last edited by c2cthomas; 29th November 2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:44 AM   #17
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Me too

Cheers!
The new server is an iPhone 3GS with a Samsung SoC S5PC100 processor running at 833MHz. This leaves a nice 20% headroom buffer in case of any emergency processing demands. Any lag you may notice is probably due to physical distance from the phone to my ADSL router, as the wifi gets a bit choppy sometimes.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:49 AM   #18
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

What!!!???? Hmmmmm....... stop playing those MP3 tunes and watching Big time Wrestling Video's at the same time - just do one or the other!

Last edited by c2cthomas; 29th November 2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:57 AM   #19
diyAudio Administrator

BTW thank you very much for your post just before, it's always nice to get some feedback!

I'll post the server specs along with the picture when I get it so you can all see where your donations have gone!
Old 29th November 2009, 04:03 AM   #20
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Ta mate!!

Hide this!Advertise here!