diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/site-announcements/)
-   -   Our webmaster Dan (Audiofreak) is retiring, returning later as a moderator (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/site-announcements/152908-our-webmaster-dan-audiofreak-retiring-returning-later-moderator.html)

Jason 4th October 2009 05:06 AM

Our webmaster Dan (Audiofreak) is retiring, returning later as a moderator

Dear Members,

I'm sorry to announce that Dan (Audiofreak) will soon be retiring from the role of diyAudio's webmaster and server administrator.

For the past 10 years, Dan has done an amazing and selfless job of keeping our website online and improving its features. When it comes to security and stability, "Dan is the man" and our uptime speaks for itself. The herculean hours he worked during our "great leap forward" upgrade last month were typical of his dedication for diyAudio - his family didn't see him for a whole week. We've been extremely fortunate to have such a skilled engineer in the engine room for all this time donating his time and skills.

While he'd love to stay on, Dan has a lot of life saving and potentially life threatening surgery coming up. In fact most of the next two years will be spent either in hospital or in recovery as the doctors perform their magic.

I hope you'll join me in thanking him for the amazing job he's done to date and wish him the best of luck with his surgery. We hope to have Dan back again in the future when he's recovered, the next time round as a moderator. Being of strong faith, I'm sure that if you would spare some time to make a short prayer for him he would appreciate it.

I'll be taking over all webmaster and server administration duties when Dan leaves. I'm pretty handy with a linux server but no means a guru, so we'll be getting a new server, managed by gurus, as soon as we can.

Jason

rdf 4th October 2009 05:59 AM

Thank you Dan for the unbelievable dedication and personal sacrifice, all the more amazing in that as far as I can tell you spent the entire time an unknown behind the scenes and your efforts generally unrecognized. All the best in your next challenge.

MEGA_amp 4th October 2009 06:25 AM

Best of luck Dan, hope everything goes well. We look forward to your return!!

-john

planet10 4th October 2009 06:56 AM

Dan,

None of us would be here now without your efforts. Thanx for keeping the warp engines running.

God speed you thru your next challenge.

dave

grufti 4th October 2009 07:00 AM

Thank you and God speed.

wintermute 4th October 2009 08:12 AM

Thank You Dan! If you spend even half the effort you have on DIY audio on your own recovery, I'm sure you will be back in action in no time :)

Cheers,

Tony.

gpapag 4th October 2009 08:21 AM

Thank You Dan
My sincere wishes for Your health's recovery.
You'll make it.

Best Regards
George

Cobra2 4th October 2009 08:53 AM

Thanks for all the great work (that we do not notice, and take for granted)
Best wishes from Norway too...

Arne K

Zen Mod 4th October 2009 09:15 AM

:worship:

sangram 4th October 2009 10:55 AM

Thanks for your great work here Dan! :) Best wishes for the journey ahead...