And now a word from our editor...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
To please everyone does not seem to be impossible, if the background can be made settable by the registred member through an option in the "user control panel".

Actually in this case we may well be able to at least work towards that. As Jason has already mentioned elsewhere, it is possible with the new software to create skins... basically different colour schemes... as exemplified just getting to here, getting a colour scheme right is not a simple task.

Maybe we should start a new thread, and those who would like a colour scheme that is easier on their particular eyes can submit already working examples from other forums to give us a better starting point.

There are many things more important to get fixed, but our continued goal is to make this forum a member of the set of creme when it comes to internet forums.

dave

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, again because of the new software we can have alternate views and colors. We will eventually have a way that you can select a different background. These days a site needs to work on iPhones, netbooks, and similar as well as take into account our members with less resolution on their computers, so we will be addressing all of these issues. The layout was designed fto work well with 1024 width as our stats show that this is the biggest group of users. Interestingly, the number of members with lower resolution than this is very small. Quite a few have higher resolution. Feel free to remind me in a month with an e-mail..
Mark

congrats guys on a smooth transition. I'm actually quite pleased that we still have the old familiar colours :) I've always liked the blue, maybe partially because I'm red/green colourblind.. It also means that things still look the same but subtly different, familar teritory, no shock when first opening the new site!

Anyway thanks Everyone who has been a part of the upgrade. Onward and Upward!

Tony.

Totally agree. The site looks excellent - new but not too new! A good place for learning, helping and having fun! Thanks guys for this fine work! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.