And now a word from our editor...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
For reference i am attaching a snapshot here... i personally think that this is an alternate skin that keeps the basic feel of the forum. More examples anyone?

dave

Gosh, I hope that is not the prevailing preference - I have exactly the same warm feeling towards this sample skin as the last one. UGH! :spin:

This one isn't broken, can't we keep it please? It even has some continuity to the old site. I really miss the stereo speakers at the top of the page, very reminiscent of the RCA LSC record label. :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This one isn't broken, can't we keep it please?

We will be keeping this one (perhaps a few tweaks), what the other is about is the possibility of setting up a couple others that a user can select to better serve their eyes/brain/monitor. Me i'm very happy with the default, but if it gets in the way for some people, providing alternatives that make it easier for them to suck up the information i'm all for that.

It is very hard to get a colour scheme that works -- that was discovered the hard way, so the brown one is posted as a potential staring point for 1 alternative.

dave

Love the new website - many thanks for everyone's efforts.

I noticed that when viewing a printable version of a thread, you are now limited to a maximum of 40 posts per page. I used to view a printable version of a thread and select all posts, then search for keywords with my browser. This was a very quick and easy way of finding bits of info from a long thread (eg. all references to R200 in the B1 buffer thread). Maybe viewing the entire thread was a drain on resources - if so then I understand the change. If not, is there any way this could be restored?

Thanks again.

I agree. That was a step back (why??)

(Of course, overall I like the new software, and a very big thanks to all involved).

(Of course, overall I like the new software, and a very big thanks to all involved).
“coz you have Search this thread option
no need for that anymore”

Searching the thread is not the only reason I used to use a complete printable version.

If the thread is important to me, I used to copy and paste it into a doc I can read offline (even sometimes on PCs that are not connected to the net).

Now with long threads that takes several steps.

Is it possible to have an option to show all a thread in one go?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.