And now a word from our editor...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hmmm, that must be me. Formerly Variac, now Mark Cronander, diyAudio Editor. Same person, fancy new title, more to do. We have lots of ideas for improving this place, but they couldn't be done without new software. Now that we have accomplished that - and it was a big job for all involved, especially Jason, we are looking forward to all the opportunities that it offers.

The most important goal was to make it a lot easier to find information. New forums were added and the search functions improved. In addition, images will be easier to post and can be bigger. There will be regular articles about new projects, theory, and interesting people. Everyone can have a blog! Everyday functions are more obvious and work better...

The mods have put up with a very inefficient system for years and certainly deserve the new tools the software offers. Their job will be easier, more automated, and best of all: no longer will members be lost in the sinbin!

Of course we won't please everyone -we never do. But we know it is the members that have made diyAudio great. Over the next months we will be constantly improving and growing. Input on how we can accomplish this is always appreciated. Please contact me or a moderator if you have ideas or to report threads that should be moved to a more appropriate forum.

Mark

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
congrats guys on a smooth transition. I'm actually quite pleased that we still have the old familiar colours :) I've always liked the blue, maybe partially because I'm red/green colourblind.. It also means that things still look the same but subtly different, familar teritory, no shock when first opening the new site!

Anyway thanks Everyone who has been a part of the upgrade. Onward and Upward!

Tony.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Congratulations!

Yesterday I was denied entry to the site. I was affraid I would not be able to enjoy this fine site anymore.
But today everything run smoothly.

Thanks to everyone who offers time, money, knowledge, good intentions to this site.:)

Best Regards

George

Inductor
---I agree with forr (NPI). That has to do with a good (new) high quality design.---

wintermute
--- I'm actually quite pleased that we still have the old familiar colours :) I've always liked the blue, maybe partially because I'm red/green colourblind.---

PJP
---I love it! Subtle and understated. This is *just* the right shade of blue ! Oh well :sigh: Can't please everyone !---

A few weeks ago, some people expressed the same wish as me, a warmer background.
To please everyone does not seem to be impossible, if the background can be made settable by the registred member through an option in the "user control panel".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.