And now a word from our editor... - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Site > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Updates to the forums will be displayed here.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2009, 10:18 PM   #41
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Nice fresh look, and best of all my wife will still know when I am spending time with the "purple people" as she likes to refer to diyaudio as.. I spend more time here than anywhere else on the net.. (that's probably fairly obvious)

Everything seems to work fine in FF/linux
I like it..
Old 22nd August 2009, 02:15 AM   #42
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Actually in this case we may well be able to at least work towards that. As Jason has already mentioned elsewhere, it is possible with the new software to create skins... basically different colour schemes... as exemplified just getting to here, getting a colour scheme right is not a simple task.

Maybe we should start a new thread, and those who would like a colour scheme that is easier on their particular eyes can submit already working examples from other forums to give us a better starting point.

There are many things more important to get fixed, but our continued goal is to make this forum a member of the set of creme when it comes to internet forums.

dave
It was an ordeal to get a color scheme together. You guys have no idea the number of designs, competitions and countless hours of experimentation that went into a final decision to change almost nothing

Starting a thread where people can submit their ideas for high/low contrast versions sounds like a good idea to me, Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfPoo View Post
You guys did an outstanding job! Im very (very, very, very) happy to find diyaudio.com up and running again and even more useful than before. My donation will come on payday.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
Nice fresh look, and best of all my wife will still know when I am spending time with the "purple people" as she likes to refer to diyaudio as.. I spend more time here than anywhere else on the net.. (that's probably fairly obvious)
The "purple people" - I like it...
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:09 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Mark, Jason and the rest of the team, congratulations for the new website, it's awesome.

I think especially the articles section has a huge potential if people volunteer to consolidate info from big & popular threads.

I have one suggestion for improvement:

most of the time, the way i search is by user e.g. by my name. If i want to do a search by user i have to navigate through 2 windows i.e. search> advanced search
is it possible to put that under the first search button
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:19 AM   #44
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

The color scheme is very well thought out.
I am about as color blind as they come, and I have no problems with the chosen scheme.
To have achieved that, is quite outstanding in my book, a very rare achievement!

Magura
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:33 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

the colour scheme is fine by me, i think i would be upset if you changed it..

maybe we could have a poll on the colour scheme hehe

oh I have another one, in the articles sections when you click it prompts you to save the article (happy to see mr pass is already populating the section).

can we not set it up to directly open the pdf on the browser?
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:07 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Love the new website - many thanks for everyone's efforts.

I noticed that when viewing a printable version of a thread, you are now limited to a maximum of 40 posts per page. I used to view a printable version of a thread and select all posts, then search for keywords with my browser. This was a very quick and easy way of finding bits of info from a long thread (eg. all references to R200 in the B1 buffer thread). Maybe viewing the entire thread was a drain on resources - if so then I understand the change. If not, is there any way this could be restored?

Thanks again.
Old 23rd August 2009, 02:02 AM   #47
CBRworm is offline CBRworm  United States
diyAudio Member

This place looks Great!

My only suggestion would be to get rid of the DIYaudio logo at the top so my wife doesn't realize I am playing.

seriously though, I was leary of a change but this is wonderful.
Old 23rd August 2009, 03:18 AM   #48
shaan is offline shaan  India
diyAudio Member

There was a big problem. Whenever I went to the home page from someplace else the user status just vanished and I had to log in again... this is gone now and browsing has become much more hassle free and the home page no longer makes me forget what I am looking for! :P And it is also very nicely organized!
Plus the color scheme is just Cool!

Great job! 10/10

Old 23rd August 2009, 03:33 AM   #49
ncc is offline ncc
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ncc
Greeting!
The new site looks wonderful but it seems that it's a little slower loading than the old site, no wonder since this new site has more features.
One thing I notice that there's a private message function but I don't know how to use it
Old 26th August 2009, 01:36 AM   #50
rjb is offline rjb  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default New forum suggestion

A great site made better.
Congratulations.

However one suggestion for an additional forum- "Design and measurement software", maybe located under the "tools" heading.

This could include speaker, PCB and electronics simulation software. At present this stuff is rather scattered between threads and not that easy to find.

Hide this!Advertise here!