Forum upgrade today!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The forum will be upgraded, starting today.

Due to the fact it hasn't been upgraded in half a decade (or more), it's going to be a long process but once it's done we're going to be on a great footing for the future. The upgrade will give us many new features and enhancements and let us upgrade again very easily in the future.

The new forum won't be perfect from the start - it will always be a work in progress. We have had to draw a line in the sand and as it turns out the 18th of August is the 10th anniversary of the very first post on diyAudio - so we are going to do our best to try and make the upgrade by that date and celebrate with a new and modern home for the next decade.

We have performed dry run test upgrades, using the beefiest amazon servers we can get our hands on, and the process has been calculated to take 5 days (really).

During these 5 days, you'll be able to read all existing discussions, but you won't be able to add to them. You will only be able to start new threads and continue discussions in a new forum which will be created called "upgrade island".

Any discussions on the island will not be part of the complicated upgrade process and so the discussions will not be ported to the new forum until a few days after we launch.

Please consider this a great time to finish some of your projects, or perhaps mingle with other members on upgrade island!

Thank you for your support and apologies for the late notice!

Jason
diyAudio Founder

Wow, it works. Great job :nod:

I have missed the normal forum features that vBulletin has had for a long time so this upgrade was welcome and now I don't have any speed problems. A few years back I had a tired Mac and only 56k connection, then I appreciated the resource lean forum software but nowadays with Core duo and GHz and 8 MBit connection, it's a different thing.

This is looking very nice! I think I can get used to this...

With the forum in the air for 10 years now, I am also reminded that I have actually been member for over 7 years now, I have had the pleasure to receive some "moderator training" from the DIYaudio clan, and I still believe this is one of the best forums in the world...

I think it is time for me to spell my gratitude in the form of a donation... When do you think this part will be ready and running again?

Bakmeel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.