Big forum upgrade ahead - what you need to know!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SimontY said:
I'd buy a medium (XS is USA size??) :D

Just last week, I ate cheeseburger while driving, only once; and that's bound to be better than daily. My old model Cadillac is so much cleaner because there's less clumsy moments with a cheeseburger when the phone rings. Honestly, I don't know whether its funny or sad that I'm not kidding.

Well, we're starting to bicycle more and travel less. Of course this "travel less" makes more time for jammin out and for figuring out equipment for that at diyaudio.com. ;)

Here's hoping that the new logo is very cool! :D

well I think it would be a great idea to raise some funds to help out ya know, times are tight nuthin wrong with some good old fashion fund raising. I will pay a little extra for not doing the leg work man. You don't get to be as big as a tent walking about right? 4x for me please

:D

Another option for shirts would be to use a service such as

Spreadshirt

The design is uploaded and they deal with the printing and shipping. You can set the design owners commission rate per sale and it is payed out every quarter. We have used them for a few years and have had no problems with the service.

The advantage is there is no stock to hold so you don't end up with odd sizes left over after the popular sizes have sold out.

John

Is there anyway to add html coding support in the posting window?
I have such a hard time with UBB, can't remember schidt, have to look it up each and every time. I rarely ever post because it's so tedious for me.

I run OE5.5 and refuse to downgrade to a new browser. I have it locked down with only the bare minimum scripting trust, for login purposes only. The VB applet in the posting window doesn't even work because of this... but I accept that I because I choose to run tight security on my end... even in my trusted zone because there are so many other sites that take advantage in the backgound. Google is worse than doubleclick in that respect. (Thank God for the HOSTS file function!)
I beg of you to keep the new format simple! Function over form!

I love this site for it's members, the content, and especially the format. IT ALL WORKS in perfect harmony. It's the best forum, and the best configured bulletin board on the net (with DSLreports running a close second).
I cannot even begin to count how many sites I've stopped visiting after their UPGRADES! Like my TV.... I've kicked them to the curb... never to return! Life is too tedious for all the doodad CR4P they cram down our throats.... just because they can. Like I contacted Ebay recently, and told them if they're so set upon wanting to provide their visitors with a sensual experience, they ought to give up the auctions and go into manufacturing DILD0S instead!
They have their priorities mixed up!
And that's WHY I love this site so much. I can kick of my shoes and unlax, I never feel threatened here, knowing I won't abused by your background tracking scripts. (blocked by my hosts file, which speeds your site up pretty good! :)

Please be VERY conservative with the update.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck.
Thanks for the ride so far. It's been great!

AudioFreak said:
We will certainly not allow unparsed html input as it's just begging for someone to abuse it. Also, the new site will require javascript all over the place to be remotely functional.

Possibly, there should be some testing with a lower powered computer like an Intel 945 Celeron or Atom (as a client).

Those common systems can run XP, Linux Mint, and Windows 7 at a humane rate of speed, but they're easily hampered by anything intense (because they're maxed just running the operating system).

They're also quite affordable.

Its also probably necessary to test with a dial-up connection.

I think that testing on a minimal, common, system would insure that most people can have a good experience.

Of course I've always been one for the "know it by doing it," approach.

Aengus said:
You're going to wear a diyAudio t-shirt to show you're not wierd? :xeye:

My wife would claim that wearing the t-shirt proves you are (so I definitely want one).

Weird is making TCs & going to Teslathons - SWMBO will not even go into the hall with my son & I - too loud, too geeky, too dangerous!

Was at Nottingham Gaussfest last w/e - only one small fire... (and not from our kit...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.