• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Custom nCore mono chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a nCore mono chasis designed by James Romeyn. it has custom drill for a nC400 and a SMPS600. There's also a nice laser engraved nCore logo on the front face. The original post is HERE

Anybody interestes in it can contact James. We can manufacture and sell it under his permission.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Now the James Romeyn chassis is available for order under the permission of CEO of primeVibe James Romeny. It is designed for one NC400 and one SMPS600 modules. Beautiful nCore logo is laser engraved on the front panel under the permission of Hypex.

Here it is:

RE2207-JRNC James Romeyn nCore chassis

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Interested

That looks great!
I would be interested to get two of them. How much do they cost with shipping to Germany? I would probably like to have a switch as part of the power socket to disconnect them when not in use for power saving reasons. Would that need a bigger hole for the power socket?
Best, sonnenwender

Just click the link in #4 post to order. It may take about $55 to Germany for 2pcs.

There's a IEC connector hole on the back plane, an IEC connector will be sent with the box. There's no power switch hole on the back but It's not difficult to drill a 10mm hole by any DIYer.

where does the NC400 sit?

Dear Siliconray,
one question before I order the beautiful case. From the holes on the drawing I presume that you have the power supply sitting at the back and the Ncore400 at the front. Now to me it seems wiser to have the NC sitting in the back, else you run the risk of picking up noise when passing the input or loudspeaker cables to the back via the power supply. Can you change that or is the case design flexible so that you can just turn the bottom plate the other way?

Dear Siliconray,
one question before I order the beautiful case. From the holes on the drawing I presume that you have the power supply sitting at the back and the Ncore400 at the front. Now to me it seems wiser to have the NC sitting in the back, else you run the risk of picking up noise when passing the input or loudspeaker cables to the back via the power supply. Can you change that or is the case design flexible so that you can just turn the bottom plate the other way?

SMPS is at the front and NC400 is at the back. The glamour shots just show it backwards. The bottom panel can go either way so no worries.

See mine here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106187.msg1104426#msg1104426

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.