Custom nCore mono chassis - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2012, 12:51 PM   #11
jtktam is offline jtktam  Canada
diyAudio Member

I like that faceplate .. but i don't' like the vertical orientation of the speaker outputs and lack of a power switch?

If I drew up a new rear plate and face plate, can you make them?

-joe
Old 17th July 2012, 02:07 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Joe, I also found that it should add a switch. I can add in my own stereo design. The switch can be mounted on the front plate or the back plate, which position is better?
Old 17th July 2012, 03:25 PM   #13
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

I'd say back, since the front looks so nice and clean the way it is.
Old 18th July 2012, 02:23 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I had the same thought of badman's. Just worry that the switch on the back is not easy to operate
Old 18th July 2012, 02:58 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

why NC400 need to be powered by SMPS600? why not SMPS400?
Old 18th July 2012, 03:16 AM   #16
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

The NCore continues to increase power output below 4 ohms, so could use 600 into 2.5 or so..
Old 18th July 2012, 07:40 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

I'd definitely put the switch at the back and Joe has a point about the speaker outputs (i.e. they could be arranged a bit better).
Old 20th July 2012, 01:58 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default where does the NC400 sit?

Dear Siliconray,
one question before I order the beautiful case. From the holes on the drawing I presume that you have the power supply sitting at the back and the Ncore400 at the front. Now to me it seems wiser to have the NC sitting in the back, else you run the risk of picking up noise when passing the input or loudspeaker cables to the back via the power supply. Can you change that or is the case design flexible so that you can just turn the bottom plate the other way?
Old 20th July 2012, 02:06 PM   #19
jtwrace is offline jtwrace  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnenwender View Post
Dear Siliconray,
one question before I order the beautiful case. From the holes on the drawing I presume that you have the power supply sitting at the back and the Ncore400 at the front. Now to me it seems wiser to have the NC sitting in the back, else you run the risk of picking up noise when passing the input or loudspeaker cables to the back via the power supply. Can you change that or is the case design flexible so that you can just turn the bottom plate the other way?
SMPS is at the front and NC400 is at the back. The glamour shots just show it backwards. The bottom panel can go either way so no worries.

See mine here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php...426#msg1104426

Last edited by jtwrace; 20th July 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:01 PM   #20
jtktam is offline jtktam  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwrace View Post
SMPS is at the front and NC400 is at the back. The glamour shots just show it backwards. The bottom panel can go either way so no worries.

See mine here Show Us Your Core-NCore!
Hi.. I like how your front and rear panel looks.. is that a custom one off?

-joe

Hide this!Advertise here!