DIY Case for home theater PC (HTPC) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2012, 07:45 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DIY Case for home theater PC (HTPC)

With the development of LCD TV, HTPC (home theater PC) becomes very hot among audiophiles recently. We are going to develop some cases for HTPC. These cases will have the same style with other audio enclosures. They are very nice looking when placed on the top or bottom of the amplifiers made by our other enclosures as audio source.

This is our newest product:
RE2307PC DIY Case for home theater PC (HTPC)

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by siliconray; 12th May 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12th May 2012, 06:53 PM   #2
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Ray,

Step in the right direction.

Regarding the power supply unit - have you thought about the smaller units available nowadays? I might be mistaken, but this looks like a full size unit that is contributing to overall height of the chassis.

There are some motherboards that accept power bricks directly, eliminating the need for a PSU inside the chassis, but that might lead to limiting the options for potential clients. But if you are flexible you can try that form factor out too, and have links for those motheboard/CPU combos for better understanding of your clients.
Old 13th May 2012, 10:02 AM   #3
etal is offline etal  Israel
diyAudio Member

Default Nice

I like the form factor.

Can it fit an m-ATX motherboard? (you should mention motherboard size in the specs)
How about adding an optical drive?
Old 13th May 2012, 10:14 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi zman01

SFX or other smaller psu can be mounted by adaptors. This case is for ITX mother board, which is smaller than m-ATX.
Old 13th May 2012, 10:23 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi etal

it's for ITX, m-ATX is to big to fit in.

no optical drive on this model. Another modle with optical drive cut out frontpanel will be ready soon. Another modle is mounted with a small high resolution LCD.

I'm thinking of add a RCA for aduio input/output, specially designed for audiophiles, what's your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etal View Post
I like the form factor.

Can it fit an m-ATX motherboard? (you should mention motherboard size in the specs)
How about adding an optical drive?
Old 15th May 2012, 02:34 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

A smaller case with the same front panel is available here:

RE2317PC-s DIY HTPC Case

also for ITX motherboard. 1x2.5" and 1x3.5" HD, 215mm stand alone display card can be fitted in.

Hide this!Advertise here!