• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Low Cost Large 100W Al Class-A Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We saw a lot of potential requirment of enclosures for high power class-A amplifiers. Now we are planning a low cost high power enclosure, the specs are:
WxHxL = 480x224x424
Internal WxHxL = 380x200x360
Front Panel: 10mm Blank Aluminum Plate
Top & Bottom: 4mm aluminum with venting holes
Side wall: Heatsink 400mm x 220mm x 50mm
Power: 50Wx2 or 100W mono block
Weight: about 13kg
Price: <$300

Before manufacture it I want to have some suggestions for your guys. Please feel free to post if some.

We are proudly announced that the large RE4821H was finally released! It's the best choice for those power enthusiast who is looking for a real high-end enclosures for their class A amplifier.

This case are all made of aluminum. It has the size of 480x210x376mm. The size of the heatsink is 300x200x50mm. It's ideal for 50Wx2 stereo class A or 100W mono block. As we promised the price is the most competitive in the market: only $260 for this monster!

The front panel and back panel are blank now. If you think it's better to have some cutouts (such as IEC connector) please let me know.

Here's the link:
RE4812H Aluminum Enclosure for high power audio amplifier

Photos
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
We saw a lot of potential requirment of enclosures for high power class-A amplifiers.
Side wall: Heatsink 400mm x 220mm x 50mm
Power: 50Wx2 or 100W mono block

Each heat sink looks too small for maintaining reasonable junction temperatures when
dissipating 100W. Can you give us some typical figures for temperature rise Sink to Ambient (25C) with a 100W source.

Lovely looking chassis. We are a group of DIY enthusiasts trying to build Pass DIY F5 Turbo dual mono amp. You can read about it on this thread on the India-specific hifi forum: DIY: Pass F5 turbo v2 initiated

Is there a way of shipping them to India? Wonder how much would the shipping be?

well. india has the same ambient temp. as the surface of the sun. so those sinks will not handle F5turbo V2 and keep the sink temp around 55c. unless you use forced air cooling.

Each heat sink looks too small for maintaining reasonable junction temperatures when dissipating 100W.

well. india has the same ambient temp. as the surface of the sun. so those sinks will not handle F5turbo V2 and keep the sink temp around 55c. unless you use forced air cooling.

India and Class A power stages do not mix.
If you think air con will solve it, that will simply add to the pollution that is already showing it's hand in the extremes of weather we are experiencing around the world.

Bingo, you guys are absolutely right. That's why I'm thinking of this heat sink:

It has the best depth (136 mm) to width (125 mm) ratio and also aesthetically pleasing. I plan to chop off portions of the grooves that I had marked for aesthetic reasons. I'd be using 2 of these heat sinks 8" high per channel.

Heatsink2_zps7b42b306.jpg

Hope they would be sufficient. If not, I'll have to make use of forced air cooling.

Last edited:
I've been lead to believe that those heatsinks only achieve their full dissipation rating when used with forced cooling. (ie water flowing through them).

Oh yeah, I had thought about that too. If forced cooling doesn't work, I can make use of the oval port located in the centre for circulating water through a pump connecting it with a radiator located out of the room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.